User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ceramic tiles needed in Furrion oven

In my previous Rockwood with the Suburban oven I needed to put ceramic tiles in the oven to prevent it from burning the bottom of everything. The Furrion oven seems a bit different design. If you use the oven do you have ceramic tiles to prevent this or does it work just fine as is?

Thanks,
    Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread has some discussion about it:

http://www.mygrandrv.com/for...471#post114471
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    This thread has some discussion about it:

http://www.mygrandrv.com/for...471#post114471
    I think the issue with the provided link is that it's an older post with photos and discussion around the Suburban brand oven. Rob is curious about the need for any type of stone in the Furrion oven. I wonder if anyone has any information on experience with that brand?

Jim

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    I think the issue with the provided link is that it's an older post with photos and discussion around the Suburban brand oven. Rob is curious about the need for any type of stone in the Furrion oven. I wonder if anyone has any information on experience with that brand? Jim
    You have a sharp eye, thanks. Even after revisiting the thread I don't see that it's particular to the Suburban oven. Experience wins every time.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My experience with the Furrion brand oven is the same as the Suburban and/or Dometic. When there is only a thin sheet of metal between the flame and the "cookie sheet", something is going to get double brown on the bottom as it cooks. We have used a pizza stone in the Furrion oven with success. Furrion does sell a stone that inserts either below the sheet metal deflector or replaces the deflector that stops this common hotspot issue (per advertisement).
    2018 GD Reflections 337RLS, 2021 Ram 3500 Cummins 4x4 CC w/auto level dually, TrailAir pinbox, B&W Companion hitch, Fold-A-Cover Tonneau

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread68 View Post
    My experience with the Furrion brand oven is the same as the Suburban and/or Dometic. When there is only a thin sheet of metal between the flame and the "cookie sheet", something is going to get double brown on the bottom as it cooks. We have used a pizza stone in the Furrion oven with success. Furrion does sell a stone that inserts either below the sheet metal deflector or replaces the deflector that stops this common hotspot issue (per advertisement).
    Thanks Retread68 for confirming that I will still need to do this. Pizza stone sounds like a plan. Previous unglazed tiles cracked. Might look at the Furrion stone too.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We put a pizza stone in our Atwood oven and it does distribute the heat better but it cracked in line with the heating element underneath. So . . . we bought a new pizza stone and it broke the same as the first (slow learners here ) . . . so, now we have a "two piece" heat distribution tile which seems to work just fine .

(another) Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this thread is a few months old but thought better to tag onto it versus starting another thread.

We have the Furrion FSRD22LASS 2 cu ft oven in our rig. We are trying to figure out whether we need a pizza stone in it or not. The oven includes a perforated metal tray that sits between the oval burner and the cooking rack. The perforated tray has end slots and metal "spacers" on it that today hold a solid metal rectangular plate. It seems to me that the perforated/solid plate is there to diffuse the heat coming up from the burner. The wife roasted some potatoes on the oven and it worked just fine. If we were to get a stone, does it slide into the end slots in lieu of the solid metal plate?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oven 1.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	18155 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oven 2.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	18156 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oven 3.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	18157
    Jeff & Susan
    With Annie, our dachshund
    2019 Reflection 303RLS #123, TST 507 TPMS
    2019 F-350 XLT 4x4 PSD SRW CC LB Factory 5th Wheel Prep Package
    B&W Companion OEM Hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought AirBake aluminum insulated sheets as a result of similar topic posted on the Lance Owners Forum in 2017. I don't bake much, so unsure whether these work as well or better than pizza stones. At least they won't fracture plus the rectangular shape seems better suited...
    Current RV: 2017 GD Reflection 337RLS
    Former RVs: 2017 Lance 1685, 2017 Lance 1475, 2011 Lance 1685, 2010 Casita 17SD

Tow vehicle: 2014 Ford F150 S-Cab FX4 6.2L MaxTow (obviously, not for current RV)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Atwood oven. Rack at lower position every thing burns. In the upper position it's to high and small. Put the rack on 2
    2&3-8 " bricks. Works great. Fire bricks take up to 3000 degrees if you can find them at over $3 each. I used a clay fired brick. $.72 at lowes. Works just fine at oven tempatures. Do not use concrete patio bricks as they can exolde.[ATTACH=CONFIG]24540[
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0115201929_HDR.jpg  
    Last edited by william; 01-26-2020 at 12:24 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast