User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Timing and planning was poor. We didn't sign up for the rally not sure we would be in this part of the country now. Then looking at my calendar I see the rally is about to start, we are just 12 miles away and unable to get in because it's booked out and there is already a waiting list. So it's impossible for us to get into the KOA. I would be interested in participating some if I could find a schedule, but can't find anything.

So ya'll have a ton of fun for us.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I'm guessing the San Antonio rally is over. I was coming back from Houston yesterday and counted 20 Grand Design trailers headed east on IH-10 !! Was pretty cool to see, lots of Imagines and Reflections but surprisingly not that many Solitudes. Hope everyone had a great time!
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a great time!
    Moonshine Madness and Little Beers setting around the campfire was a big hit Friday and Saturday night! Managed to sneak away and visit the River Walk and have lunch at The County Line restaurant Saturday afternoon. Should have used the local bus service from the camp ground to downtown but we drove the 3500 DRW, paid $18 for 3 hours outside parking downtown. Oh well!

Caught up with TucsonJim and visited for awhile. Jim gave his emergency preparedness presentation Saturday morning, lots of good conversation. Excellent presentation Jim! He also plugged the GDRV Owners Forum!
    The Q&A session was good with lots of questions and advice but never got out of hand while we were there.

Talked with Tim Reams from GDRV and he showed me his RDS combination aux fuel tank / tool box installation. Also talked to me about his MorRyde pin box and Comfort Ride hitch.
    Also met up with a couple of new Ram 3500 owners and we compared trucks and towing. Our trucks could have been triplets! The other guys were towing big Solitude rigs.
    Grand prize in the drawing was a generator.

Tim Coffman said that they would like to hold future GDRV Texas Rally's within a triangle of Houston - San Antonio & Dallas. Its difficult to get a Camp ground big enough that would allow them to reserve enough spaces to hold a rally and also have a venue big enough to hold a lot of people. Heard the GDRV rig total was 103 and if you count 2 people per rig that's 206 total. The Saturday dinner was pretty crowded inside Fredric Hall. The San Antonio KOA was a good camp ground clean and well run. The cable TV and WiFI were good. The sites were a little close together though. Plenty of Momentum, Solitude, Reflection and Imagine rigs. Tami and I really looked over every nook and cranny of the new 3350RL-R they had there from Explorer USA RV. Looks like that will be our next rig, GVWR 16,800!

GDRV participated big time with two service /repair rigs helping owners out with their rigs. They were still there Sunday morning still helping out when we pulled out. There was an installation crew from Oklahoma there installing disc brake upgrades for owners and a service tech from Explorer USA. Explorer USA Dealership was the major local sponsor, also Crestview RV participated. Emily Stahley GDRV played a big role in helping sponsor the rally. Thanks Emily!

All in all a great Rally can't wait until next year!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1749.jpg   IMG_1750.jpg   IMG_1756.jpg   IMG_1757.jpg  
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great review Steve! Sounds like a great time, wish I hadn't missed it, I live and work about 15 miles from that place will definitely make it next year!
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was the third GDRV Texas Rally. Tami and I have made the the last 2, last year being at the KOA in Conroe. I believe there were 70 rigs there. This year 103. I can only see the Texas Rally's become bigger. Information about current and future Texas Rally's are on FB. I don't FB but Tami does and keeps up with that side of it. The group picture and drone coverage will be posted to FB. Next year we will attend again and get our reservations in early. Talked with a guy from Nebraska that came to the Texas Rally and of course Tucson Jim is from Arizona and I saw lots of Louisiana and a Calif plate.

Great people in the GDRV owners community.
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the update. Wish we could have made it this year, but the grand girls had gymnastic competition. Glad everyone had great weather, it was iffy there for a while.
    Les and Sharon Bevil
    Austin, Tx

Reflection 311BHS purchased March 2017
    Jayco 32BHDS sold March 2017
    2012 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.6 Diesel (until May 2018)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500HD 6.6 Diesel

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We had a great time. Met some new friends and caught up with some old ones. Ginnie and I met up with forum member Matt Fleming and his wife Gail. We made it home to Tucson this morning. We have approximately 500 pounds of Texas bugs to wash of the truck and trailer though.

Jim

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    We had a great time. Met some new friends and caught up with some old ones. Ginnie and I met up with forum member Matt Fleming and his wife Gail. We made it home to Tucson this morning. We have approximately 500 pounds of Texas bugs to wash of the truck and trailer though.

Jim
    Hey Jim, it was great to meet you. We really enjoyed your presentation and now have a Bug Out Bag. Also great to get a good look at your Arizona rain gauge!
    Glad you got home OK and took a little Texas home with you. Hey you missed the love bug season!!!

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Hey Jim, it was great to meet you. We really enjoyed your presentation and now have a Bug Out Bag. Also great to get a good look at your Arizona rain gauge!
    Glad you got home OK and took a little Texas home with you. Hey you missed the love bug season!!!
    Nice meeting you too Steve.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New to forum and not yet owners. We have run our SOB Texas rally for 4 years and had one there in SA (2015) when the KOA was brand new and not yet complete. We had a terrible hail storm and most rigs sustained damage, but PARTIED ON!!!

Curious about the 2019 rally date though I know the announcement does not appear to have been published yet?

Cheers,
    Curtis

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast