User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can I use the leveling system to stabelize

With my Airstream trailer we were able to stay connected to the tow vehicle for a quick overnight stay. Now having just purchased a GD 5th wheel, I was wondering if I could still do this? Provided that site is somewhat level can I use the leveling system to just stabelize the RV so it wouldn't rock and roll with the wind and when we walk around? I read that you should not lift the truck using the leveling system. I assume that I would manually lower the jacks until they just touch the ground. Is there any reason not to do this?

Don

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just did it last weekend. On an asphalt pad and when I turned on the leveler pad to get started, I had the green light in the middle. The coach was level. Since my wife drove her car down (only an hour away from home and she had a saturday morning meeting) I just grounded the jacks and left the coach hooked to the truck. Yes, you want to be careful about stresses at the truck/hitch and not be lifting the truck with the jacks. I always ground the jacks to work the slides, if just to load up, even if not perfectly level.
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2006 Chev 2500HD Duramax CC/SB/4X4
    Superglide2700 Bakflip F1

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've done this quite a few times on one night stopovers. I ground the jacks and maybe tweak the level a bit if needed. I do think it's best to have the trailer stable and reasonably level when operating the slides.

Safe Travels.

Jim
    Jim & Gwen
    2015 Solitude 379fl, VIN 573FS4324F1102454
    2011 F-350 SC, DRW, 6.7 PSD, Ride-Rite Air Bags, Pull-Rite 20.5 K
    "You can't get lost if you don't care where you're going"