User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

reese goosebox , 337 , f350

I am really liking the look of the reese goosebox and not having to deal with the fifth wheel hitch but unfortunately have the short bed f350

I am considering making a gooseneck ball that is slightly offset with the reese picture frame adapter for the pucks but would need some measurements from someone with the longbed and the setup.

Does anyone have a newer f350 and the reese goosebox on a 337??
    Adam & Juli
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2018 Ford F350 CCSB SRW
    Comfort Ride Hitch Model 184 and Reese Sidewinder

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    B&W makes an adaptor that sets the ball back 4 inches. I have 2018 Ram shortbed and it works great.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1965 GMC View Post
    B&W makes an adaptor that sets the ball back 4 inches. I have 2018 Ram shortbed and it works great.
    You are using it with the reese goosebox?

I know about the B&W offset ball but i have the ford oem ball and puck system which uses a cylindrical ball shaft so the offset cant work there. The B&W is a square shaft so thats why they can make that. But if i know it will work I will make my own offset ball for this system.
    Adam & Juli
    2018 Ford F350 CCSB SRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1965 GMC View Post
    Sorry for the double post but I now see that you do have the reese goosebox

What kind of cab clearance do you get with the offset ball? -- If you can not turn all the way do you know how much further back the ball would have to be to allow you to do so?

Can you do a steering wheel locked u-turn?

How much of an angle can you back up to?

Any pictures you have showing clearance or positioning would be greatly appreciated.
    Adam & Juli
    2018 Ford F350 CCSB SRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the Goose Box along with the 4" B&W offset ball on my short bed. It works great. Can't quite get a 90 degrees out of it but plenty close enough for me. And yes, no problem on the u-turns. If you can get a 4" offset ball you will be golden. I previously posted pictures on another string if you want to use the search function and type in "Goose Box".

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon T View Post
    I use the Goose Box along with the 4" B&W offset ball on my short bed. It works great. Can't quite get a 90 degrees out of it but plenty close enough for me. And yes, no problem on the u-turns. If you can get a 4" offset ball you will be golden. I previously posted pictures on another string if you want to use the search function and type in "Goose Box".
    Thanks for the info.

do you mind taking a center of your ball to the back of the cab measurement? my ford has a 6 3/4ft bed so I am hoping that extra length is between the ball and the cab, then I might not need an offset.
    Adam & Juli
    2018 Ford F350 CCSB SRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grandliving View Post
    Thanks for the info.

do you mind taking a center of your ball to the back of the cab measurement? my ford has a 6 3/4ft bed so I am hoping that extra length is between the ball and the cab, then I might not need an offset.
    I just went out and measured. With the 4" offset ball I'm about 40 inches from the cab to center of ball.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just went out and measured. With the 4" offset ball I'm about 40 inches from the cab to center of ball.
    it looks like i am 37" from the center of ball to the glass.

I will have to fabricate some kind of offset ball for this curt oem hitch. You said you have no problems doing wheel locked u-turns right? as in there is no chance of hitting the cab while driving forward? I might just try it like this and just be caareful backing up, I have no problem pulling forward a little to reset so I dont have problems.

Do you think that without the offset you would still have no problems forward?
    Adam & Juli
    2018 Ford F350 CCSB SRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grandliving View Post
    it looks like i am 37" from the center of ball to the glass.

I will have to fabricate some kind of offset ball for this curt oem hitch. You said you have no problems doing wheel locked u-turns right? as in there is no chance of hitting the cab while driving forward? I might just try it like this and just be caareful backing up, I have no problem pulling forward a little to reset so I dont have problems.

Do you think that without the offset you would still have no problems forward?
    I went out and did a u-turn right after I set this up and no issues there. Like you I don't get myself into 90 degrees backing up so I don't worry about that. I just keep an eye on things. As to what difference there is between 37 inches and 40 inches of clearance, I can't really say.

Is there a reason this wouldn't work in your hitch to give you plenty of clearance? It's a Curt 4 inch offset ball. https://www.etrailer.com/Hitch-Ball/Curt/C602.html

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went out and did a u-turn right after I set this up and no issues there. Like you I don't get myself into 90 degrees backing up so I don't worry about that. I just keep an eye on things. As to what difference there is between 37 inches and 40 inches of clearance, I can't really say.

Is there a reason this wouldn't work in your hitch to give you plenty of clearance? It's a Curt 4 inch offset ball. https://www.etrailer.com/Hitch-Ball/Curt/C602.html
    It doesn't work with the OEM style hitches. There is a different curt hitch that is like the b&w with a cross pin to prevent turning in the socket.

Pretty silly to have both kinds if you ask me but what do i know lol

Thanks for looking though

I think I will just go for it since that goose box is so cool and I dont have to deal with a hitch in the bed anymore.

If I really need the clearance I can make a ball on this which is what I am using now to set my hitch on so I have it anyway. I would just use this in the pucks and create the offset ball mysef.

https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories...e/RP30156.html
    Adam & Juli
    2018 Ford F350 CCSB SRW

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast