User Tag List

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About to purchase a 2018 leftover and all the issues with the tire rubbing and axle/spring issues is turning me off. With all the reported issues it’s nuts that a recall has not been called.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevencity View Post
    About to purchase a 2018 leftover and all the issues with the tire rubbing and axle/spring issues is turning me off. With all the reported issues it’s nuts that a recall has not been called.
    Were you able to see if the trailer may have been upgraded with better springs or would the dealer change them out if you decided to buy?
    2020 Ford F350 6.7
    2018 2800BH Imagine
    And a couple of Polaris RMK snowmobiles :cool:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    **UPDATE**
    Got all the springs and the Morryde kit to put in! Well, had all the stuff for a month, just got around to putting it all in. What a difference in ride height! Install was straight forward and fairly easy, took about 3 hours. The only part that needed extra attention were getting the bolts out of the hangers since they more or less press in. So I used a gear puller to hook onto the outer hanger bracket and use the puller screw against the spring bolt, pressed right out. No hammer needed. Did the same putting in the new bolts with an exception of using a small socket to cover the grease fitting to press the new bolts in. Air tools are wonderful! After getting done, took it out to see how the ride was. Definitely better and the tires have close to 4 inches of clearance to the floor now. Much better than the 1.5 we had before. Out of the four old springs I took out, only one had any decent arch in it. The rest were sacked! Big surprise is the nylon bushings were in fairly good shape considering the miles on it, none were worn through. One project done!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190317_153237.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	18670Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190317_153246.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	18671Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190317_163711.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	18672Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190317_155221.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	18673Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190317_163651.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	18674
    Last edited by Rob&Vicki; 03-24-2019 at 11:30 PM.
    2020 Ford F350 6.7
    2018 2800BH Imagine

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So this is the end result, much better clearance. I also plan on putting shocks on to help settle the ride even more. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190317_182650.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	18689
    Last edited by Rob&Vicki; 03-25-2019 at 08:27 AM.
    2020 Ford F350 6.7
    2018 2800BH Imagine

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Add me to the ranks of the deceived!

So I bought my 2018 2800BH in October from a Campers Inn, towed it about 1500 miles starting in January. Rear tire blowout heavy side. About 300 miles later rear tire blowout light side. I just found the rubbing on the heavy side, no rubbing on the light side, the blowouts are occurring due to the camber in the tires.

3/20/19 Spoke to Jerry Weaver at GDRV, he mentioned the slide-out having been heavier, and to check whether we had the 2-3/8" or 3"Ø axles. Told me to get it assessed at one of their places. North Carolina has 2 places, they both quoted me over a month out. I am from MA, have nowhere else to go, and I'm relocating to VA in a few weeks, so that doesn't work.
    I tried Campers Inn in NC, pushed on them and they said they can do it but the paperwork takes longer, also quoted me over a month out. GDRV told me to check with mobile RV servicers, and found one who may be able to get it done in two weeks.
    3/22/19 Mobile Service company arrives, takes pictures. Told me to inform GDRV to get in touch with them, which I informed Jerry of.

I'll keep this updated... as of right now, I don't think I am going to be happy without them covering the 4400# axles and subsequently tires/rims for 6 lug. I've had two blowouts already and it's become a safety issue for me and mine. Last time I checked, plywood can catch on fire, right? Not trying to hate on anybody, this is my first RV purchase, but I've read the entire thread, and I don't think a single one of you should've had to pay a dime to fix their flaw. If they keep denying FULL repairs on this then we should all consider legal action.
    @Rob&Vicki I also have the ~6400# UVW rather than the ~5800# UVW the 2018 is supposed to have. I think they gave us the heavier slide-out and didn't increase our axles.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paulaguiar View Post
    Add me to the ranks of the deceived!

So I bought my 2018 2800BH in October from a Campers Inn, towed it about 1500 miles starting in January. Rear tire blowout heavy side. About 300 miles later rear tire blowout light side. I just found the rubbing on the heavy side, no rubbing on the light side, the blowouts are occurring due to the camber in the tires.

3/20/19 Spoke to Jerry Weaver at GDRV, he mentioned the slide-out having been heavier, and to check whether we had the 2-3/8" or 3"Ø axles. Told me to get it assessed at one of their places. North Carolina has 2 places, they both quoted me over a month out. I am from MA, have nowhere else to go, and I'm relocating to VA in a few weeks, so that doesn't work.
    I tried Campers Inn in NC, pushed on them and they said they can do it but the paperwork takes longer, also quoted me over a month out. GDRV told me to check with mobile RV servicers, and found one who may be able to get it done in two weeks.
    3/22/19 Mobile Service company arrives, takes pictures. Told me to inform GDRV to get in touch with them, which I informed Jerry of.

I'll keep this updated... as of right now, I don't think I am going to be happy without them covering the 4400# axles and subsequently tires/rims for 6 lug. I've had two blowouts already and it's become a safety issue for me and mine. Last time I checked, plywood can catch on fire, right? Not trying to hate on anybody, this is my first RV purchase, but I've read the entire thread, and I don't think a single one of you should've had to pay a dime to fix their flaw. If they keep denying FULL repairs on this then we should all consider legal action.
    @Rob&Vicki I also have the ~6400# UVW rather than the ~5800# UVW the 2018 is supposed to have. I think they gave us the heavier slide-out and didn't increase our axles.
    I have the 6400# UVW on my 2018 as well but with the schwintec slide and even if you have the in frame slide (rack and pinion)you wouldn't be that much heavier. The difference between our 2018 and the 2019 with the heavier slide according to the sticker was only around 60 pounds. Check the tags on your axles and see what brand and weight ratings are. If you have the Dexter 3500# axles they have the smaller diameter tubes and GDRV should upgrade them to the 4400# axles. If you have the Lippert 3500# axles just change out the springs to the 2200# units as the axles are the same size tube size on the 4400# axles. The only difference is the outer bearing diameter is bigger and the hubs are 6 lug instead of 5. The local RV repair shop I use told me not to worry about the 3500# axles, just the springs was all I needed. GDRV sent the new 2200# springs out no charge and I'm sure they would for you too. While you are at it put the MorRyde equalizers in with the wet bolt kit. These are nice trailers and yes we shouldn't have to deal with these issues. The tires on our trailer did leave rub marks on the underneath as well but didn't have any issues with blowouts, and these tires have at least 11,000 miles on them. If you weigh your trailer you'll find the curb side to be the heavy side as it has all the appliances on that side. Keep after GDRV and I'm sure they will come through for you.
    For what it's worth, the local shop I use used to sell new trailers up until 2009 and they quit because of the quality of the trailers got to a point they didn't want to deal with all the warrantee issues they were having so they became a repair facility only. I highly recommend them to anyone needing work done who is traveling through Red Bluff, Ca.
    2020 Ford F350 6.7
    2018 2800BH Imagine

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well my warranty replacement axles and springs arrived... so far I don’t think we are going to be happy. They are the larger 3 inch diameter tube but they are the same Dexter D35 axles with 3500 rating and as such the same weak springs I fear...

Trailer is in at my dealer for the replacement and we’ll see how it looks when it gets back but if the height is still garbage it’s going into a spring shop for the larger springs.
    2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo")
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload
    Blog Post: 1500 Pickup’s and Towing - The REAL numbers with example
    Blog Post: 2016-2018 Imagine 2800BH - 3500 lb Axles Tire Rubbing Issues

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorvald View Post
    Well my warranty replacement axles and springs arrived... so far I don’t think we are going to be happy. They are the larger 3 inch diameter tube but they are the same Dexter D35 axles with 3500 rating and as such the same weak springs I fear...

Trailer is in at my dealer for the replacement and we’ll see how it looks when it gets back but if the height is still garbage it’s going into a spring shop for the larger springs.
    I would of figured since they were sending axles and springs you would of got the 4400lbs units. I already had the Lippert 3500lb, 3 inch axles but they did send the 2200lb springs which I put in myself along with the MorRyde equilizer, much better ride and the ride height is at least another inch and a half higher. A local RV shop did tell me the axles I have were plenty strong, just the springs were the weak link. At least springs are fairly cheap.
    2020 Ford F350 6.7
    2018 2800BH Imagine

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well no luck, I went to pickup the trailer today and even with the new 3 inch axles, the 3500 springs made almost no difference. The new springs looked pretty close to flat (slight arch) and the tires were 2.5 inches to 3 inches to the floor of the trailer.

Once we load up the cargo and add tank weight, we will be back in the same situation of the tires hitting the floor.

In defense of GD, they did do exactly what they said they would do, replace the smaller axle with the larger but it did not resolve the ride height issue unfortunately.

---

I left the trailer with the dealer, explained everything, took measurements and then emailed GD back with all the info.

I'm pretty much at my wits end now and lets not discuss the mental state of the Wife...

We'll see what happens next.
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rob&Vicki, what springs did you put in to get that ride height?

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast