User Tag List

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Rob&Vicki - We have a long history on this forum of arguing with GDRV/LCI about the engineering wisdom of matching the spring strength to the load being carried. See this thread https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...685#post103685 particularly post 54. They have repeatedly refused to acknowledge F=Kx. They have come up with a variety of “imbalance” excuses that make no engineering sense. When you contact GDRV, they will likely defer to LCI as their suspension “experts” but if you can get them to acknowledge that the side-to-side weight difference requires different springs on each side . . . this would be a first!

As to number of “Robs” on this forum . . . it is right up there with number of “Jims” . . . probably ten of each .

Rob
    I'm thinking it could be a liability issue having to admit a balance problem. Your thread was a good read and makes so much sense too as far as dealing with spring loadings. I'm convinced this may be the way I go with different springs matched to the weight it's supporting. But I do believe the axles will need to be changed out to the 4400's.

Rob
    2020 Ford F350 6.7
    2018 2800BH Imagine
    And a couple of Polaris RMK snowmobiles :cool:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob&Vicki View Post
    Question, I can't find a listing for axle prices through Lippert and if we switch to 4400 axles will the hubs be 6 lug or still 5 lug and will the brakes fit from the 3500's? Springs are cheap enough though. 2200's are a couple bucks cheaper than the 1750's. Hmmm.
    Rob9, haha
    When doing the research ( post #23 this thread) 4400 lb axles seemed to have 6 lug wheels, so an upgrade to 4400 lbs AXLES would require new wheels and probably tires (don`t know the size and rating of your tires). Like I was indicating, your capacity is only as good as the weakest link.

If I would have know about this company before I got my springs, I would have purchased from these guys. It looks like they are American Made. http://www.rockwellamerican.com/manu...-manufacturing. At least from what their web site indicates. It also says their axles are hi tensil steel.

I was looking at a Dexter video and they claim that 85% of their products are domestic manufacturing.

Pat
    Pat&Marlene Gyrogearloose - 2010 Itasca Meridian 34y - 6.7 w/Allison 6spd - Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - previous Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A bit OT, but I've been wondering where Axel spelling is coming from for Axle.
    I see it so much I figured I'd lost track of how to spell it.
    Thought maybe Axl Rose's name from Guns N' Roses band.
    Also see an Axel is a figure-skating jump named after the Norwegian skater Axel Paulsen.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkims View Post
    Also see an Axel is a figure-skating jump named after the Norwegian skater Axel Paulsen.
    Thanks for pointing my spelling error out.
    Last edited by SloHand; 11-04-2018 at 07:51 AM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SloHand View Post
    I just see this all over the internet, so got me to thinking.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rear Kitchen Models

Are the rear kitchen models having the same weight imbalance problem as other models? I understand that there are a lot of 3500# axles going down the road, Has anyone had an accident that can be directly attributed to spring/axle failure? Are the 4400# Axles a solution or a bandaid that will just take longer to fail? Having to block an axle to prevent it from rubbing on the floor seems like a big fail from the design guys. I can understand up grading my TV or My mattress Etc. But a suspension component that if it fails it could be life threatening is unacceptable. Or am I not seeing the big picture?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me too, I've started to second guess myself!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SloHand View Post
    You have lots of company I'm afraid.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about a Double Axel, or in our world a Tandem Axle....
    Pat&Marlene Gyrogearloose - 2010 Itasca Meridian 34y - 6.7 w/Allison 6spd - Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - previous Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I just talked to GD customer service and they are going to take care of it. They are going to good will a set of 4400# axles and springs for our trailer! Can't say enough about customer service! And the dealer is to install the components. I will take the MORride equalizers and wet bolts along to have them installed at the same time. Thank you to all who helped!
    2020 Ford F350 6.7
    2018 2800BH Imagine
    And a couple of Polaris RMK snowmobiles :cool:

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast