User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! Looks like a degree in electrical engineering would be of great benefit in selecting and installing an inverter.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    Wow! Looks like a degree in electrical engineering would be of great benefit in selecting and installing an inverter.
    Lol I don't know about that, but knowledge of home and automotive working helps for sure. I'm very glad I had that knowledge and did it myself rather than have it installed by someone. Nevermind the cost, since I know how it works, if I have an issue I know how to troubleshoot it.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Inverter recommendations

I just hired a guy and told him my budget was $10k. Haha.
    I'm the furthest thing from an electrical or any other kind of genius.
    I wanted it to be as fool-proof as possible so I didn't need to interact with it. Everything is top of the line and 100% maintenance free.
    I never even open the front compartment to see if it's still there. We just magically always have electricity.
    But that was the goal, and for that kind of freedom and convenience you have to be willing to shell out the dough.
    Since May we've been living in our Reflection full time traveling the US so it was worth it.
    In the end, this is the lifestyle we wanted, no fuss, complete peace and quiet while boon docking.

Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rank Honda. But, check the dimensions of the compartment where you intend to put the gen. set. Look at where fuel and electrical connections will be made. I'd also look at other trailers like yours that have gen-sets. Sometimes one just fit's better than another inverter brands. Good Luck!

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alanhenson View Post
    I'm about to put a 24V 8000W victron inverter in mine with 6 Tesla batteries. Runs the AC on batteries all day long. Victrons are awesome.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    The truth is 6 Tesla Batteries ARE AWESOME !!!!
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ncitro View Post
    That's one of the reasons I chose an inverter with a built in transfer switch.
    No delay, the microwave never even loses time.
    For anyone thinking of buying an inverter, this is a good reason to choose one with an ATS built-in.
    Pretty much any name brand inverter will have this feature.
    I like not having to set the clock on the DVD player and the microwave every time we move the trailer.
    Most Magnums and Victrons for sure, and most of the larger Aims, GoPower, Spartan inverters have an ATS included.

Continuous Resources sells all of these, I bought all my solar equipment from them.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am still learning about the electrical system of our Reflection 28BH but I have found a fabulous resource for everything solar for RV or off-grid. "DIY Solar Power with Will Prowse" on you tube and he has a website with blueprints for a wide variety of setups...Now if I just understood how to do it. For me I am going to build cheap 100AH lithium battery using kit with just enough solar to reduce my poor language usage upon finding dead battery EVERY time we go to pull out of storage.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234