User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    Ok so should I start a thread on what's the best oil to use? (kidding kidding)
    Hah! Yeah, I've been around forums long enough to know this thread would get derailed pretty fast. I do think we have three really good options for G rated tires. They all have strong merits.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    Hah! Yeah, I've been around forums long enough to know this thread would get derailed pretty fast. I do think we have three really good options for G rated tires. They all have strong merits.
    I think so to and will follow this thread as well. We have similar setups and weights so It will be interesting to see how things turn out. I would go with the Goodyears as well but not until that load rating comes up, I'm too close to max weight on the trailer already.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    ...Goodyear has an excellent warranty in the event of damage to the RV due to a tire failure.
    Brian,
    Where is the information posted regarding Goodyear providing a warranty that covers damage to the RV? I went to https://www.goodyearrvtires.com/tire-selector.aspx and for the three tires listed I clicked each one and then downloaded the Warranty Information PDF. All three tires linked to the same brochure: https://www.goodyearrvtires.com/pdfs...rranty_610.pdf I can't find any verbiage related to coverage for the RV.

What am I missing?

Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toes in the water View Post
    Bama - are you actually seeing them or reading about them and if so where are you reading about seeing dozens and dozens Westlake tire failures ?

Dan
    Well, I know you asked Bama - BUT ... you don't think there are dozens of complaints on just this forum? I'm not going to go through and count them but here are certainly enough to make one take notice ...

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got Westlake E rated tires on my Solitude, came that way from the factory. I've put about 13,000 miles on them without any issues, but I've got a set of 5 Sailun S637's in the bed of my truck and ready to install. Yep decided to dump the Westlake spare when I make the change over. I'm headed north for an appointment 14-15 Nov to get the MORyde IS, 8k axle and disc breaks installed and will have them changes the tires out at the same time. I went through the same thought process your going through and settled on the Sailun's.

Good thread and lots of opinions, but it looks to me like the Sailun's are winning out ... at least they did with me :-)
    Pete & Carla Nelson
    2017 F-350, diesel, DRW, Lariat, 8' bed, Ford's TPMS, Furrion camera, Revolver X2 Tonneau Cover
    2017 Solitude 384GK, with dual pane windows, slide toppers, gen ready, heat pump.
    Added items: WiFiRanger EliteAC (external antenna), WiFiRanger GoAC (Router),
    Trailer Saver BD3 w/underbed adapter, Cheapheat system, Fantastic fan (bathroom), 50 Amp Hughes Auto Former w/surge protection, 5th wheel skirting.
    MoRryde independent suspension, 8k axle, disc breaks, Sailun S637 tires

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    Brian,
    Where is the information posted regarding Goodyear providing a warranty that covers damage to the RV? I went to https://www.goodyearrvtires.com/tire-selector.aspx and for the three tires listed I clicked each one and then downloaded the Warranty Information PDF. All three tires linked to the same brochure: https://www.goodyearrvtires.com/pdfs...rranty_610.pdf I can't find any verbiage related to coverage for the RV.

What am I missing?

Howard
    Great question Howard. I'm guilty of spreading more anecdotal stories about tires. Sheesh. I read the Goodyear tire warranty and you are correct, subsequent damage to the RV is not officially covered. However, I've read many, many posts on RV forums from folks who had failures and Goodyear covered not only the tire but the damage to the RV. I could post links to these reports but it's just more people sharing their personal experiences rather than the official word from Goodyear which is they don't cover damage to the RV.

Sorry for misleading folks. As many of you know, I have a tendency to post before thinking.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy82 View Post
    Well, I know you asked Bama - BUT ... you don't think there are dozens of complaints on just this forum? I'm not going to go through and count them but here are certainly enough to make one take notice ...
    Dick - to paraphrase your words at times.....I think you are missing the point. Bama seems to indicate there are may be other sources reporting issues and if the case, it behooves us to learn. Bama has been around the forum a long time as with many of us. He has never indicated dozens and dozens before.

As GDRV and the forum have grown dramatically in just a few years, there have been more reports in the last year or so as one would expect. In the prior 4 years, I recall a 1/2 dozen or so. The forum has multiple posts from some of the same folks reporting issues so it seems like a higher number. I suspect there may only be a dozen or so tires issues ......you sure you don't want to count ?

It also seems the vast majority seem to related to "E" rated tires on toy haulers where possible exceeding of rating and/or other factors could be involved. GDRV switching to "G" rated may have addressed this.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toes in the water View Post
    Dick - to paraphrase your words at times.....I think you are missing the point. Bama seems to indicate there are may be other sources reporting issues and if the case, it behooves us to learn. Bama has been around the forum a long time as with many of us. He has never indicated dozens and dozens before.

As GDRV and the forum have grown dramatically in just a few years, there have been more reports in the last year or so as one would expect. In the prior 4 years, I recall a 1/2 dozen or so. The forum has multiple posts from some of the same folks reporting issues so it seems like a higher number. I suspect there may only be a dozen or so tires issues ......you sure you don't want to count ?

It also seems the vast majority seem to related to "E" rated tires on toy haulers where possible exceeding of rating and/or other factors could be involved. GDRV switching to "G" rated may have addressed this.

Dan
    Not at all ... I'd much prefer if you did the counting. My point being that there is certainly enough static here to raise red flags and yet, there aren't any Sailun red flags. That seemed to be Bama's point.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to the informal poll here on our forum regarding Westlake tire failures, of the 87 respondents:

54 reported no failures
    20 reported failures
    13 swapped to another brand of tire

These are most likely all E rated tires as Grand Design only "recently" started shipping units with G rated Westlake tires.
    Brian & Kellie

Previous setups:

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    Ok so should I start a thread on what's the best oil to use? (kidding kidding)
    Don’t be ridiculous!!!

Everyone knows that Rotella is the best ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast