User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grandliving. You might have a Coleman ac unit. I believe they changed from Dometic to Coleman sometime in the 2018 model year.
    2018 Reflection 337RL / 2022 GMC Denali 3500HD CC LB Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 242 checkmate View Post
    Grandliving. You might have a Coleman ac unit. I believe they changed from Dometic to Coleman sometime in the 2018 model year.
    the grill inside says dometic on it
    Adam & Juli
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2018 Ford F350 CCSB SRW
    Comfort Ride Hitch Model 184 and Reese Sidewinder

Rolling Along
    Walthourville, GA which is just outside of Hinesville, GA home of the 3rd Infantry Division
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grandliving View Post
    there is an air dump

Attachment 16379
    Hmmmm.......looks like Dometic changed the styling of the grille (BTW - I kinda like the looks of the perforations). You probably need to call Dometic and speak to a tech and describe what you're wanting to do. Have the above referenced part number handy for them. If the tech is really patient, you might have him look at this thread. What I would be concerned about is the hole-to-hole spacing of the loooooong hold down rod bolts and the overall dimension of the plenum.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

Tom

Rolling Along
    Walthourville, GA which is just outside of Hinesville, GA home of the 3rd Infantry Division
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 242 checkmate View Post
    If you look real close at the photo, you can see the word Dometic on the grille.

Tom

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GENESIS View Post
    Hmmmm.......looks like Dometic changed the styling of the grille (BTW - I kinda like the looks of the perforations). You probably need to call Dometic and speak to a tech and describe what you're wanting to do. Have the above referenced part number handy for them. If the tech is really patient, you might have him look at this thread. What I would be concerned about is the hole-to-hole spacing of the loooooong hold down rod bolts and the overall dimension of the plenum.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

Tom
    Yea i called them and the tech had no idea about the part you had or a similar one for this model

o well.
    Adam & Juli
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2018 Ford F350 CCSB SRW
    Comfort Ride Hitch Model 184 and Reese Sidewinder

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So to kinda revive an older thread...
    Could you not achieve the same effect by completely taping up the "dump vent" from the inside of the shroud?
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 150 Series 290BH
    2017 Chevrolet 2500HD 4x4 Crew Cab
    B & W Companion (T/O Ball Mount)
    SBGTF

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get a prescription for Gabapentin.
    The Horizant brand of Gabapentin is used to treat
    restless legs syndrome
    (RLS). I fought with RLS for 60 years and now NO MORE
    Bob and Shirley (both recently retired)
    Ontario Canada
    2018 Solitude 310GK
    2018 Ford Diesel King Ranch F350 Short Bed
    Pull Rite Super Glide

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those of you who are not happy with the noise level of your A/C - check out the following link. This A/C Silencer product looks like it is fairly new, so I am curious about how well it works. The only downside I see is that it closes off the dump side. I was looking to replace the Dometic 15K in our 230RL this spring with one of the newer (and much quieter) Coleman Mach units; however, this may be a much less expensive alternative...

https://wackoproducts.com/
    Chad & Marisa (plus 7.5 lb Enzo!)
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL
    2018 Ford F150 Lariat SuperCrew 3.5L Ecoboost
    - Heavy Duty Payload Package, Max Trailer Tow Package, 6.5' Bed, 18" Wheels
    - Demco Recon 21K Hitch, RetraxPRO MX Bed Cover

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ctdecuir View Post
    Those of you who are not happy with the noise level of your A/C - check out the following link. This A/C Silencer product looks like it is fairly new, so I am curious about how well it works. The only downside I see is that it closes off the dump side. I was looking to replace the Dometic 15K in our 230RL this spring with one of the newer (and much quieter) Coleman Mach units; however, this may be a much less expensive alternative...

https://wackoproducts.com/
    Unfortunately there isn't any decibel information on this solution. I did find this video which, if not altered, appears to have significantly lowered the noise from the AC unit. I did create a baffle that I mount to the ceiling which provides about 3dB of improvement. My solutions main feature is redirecting the return away from the living/TV area. The WackO solution and the Dometic, in the first post, go further than my attempt by sealing off the dump vent. WackO goes a couple of steps further by adding another cover over the taped dump vent, a more formidable filter and an offset return path. The Dometic solution just closes off the dump vent. The WackO addition of more substantial filter material and offset return just might give it a slightly better noise reduction at a SIGNIFICANTLY higher price! Price might be related to being a new/small company with low volumes and outsourced fabrication.

Concerns might be that the WackO filter is flow restrictive. Less volume, less noise but hard on motors...
    Current;
    2017 Reflection 337LRS 5th with 2016 Silverado LTX 3500HD Duramax
    2019 Reflection 367BHS 5th permanent in RV park

Past;
    30' TH TT Weekend Warrior, 36' TH 5th Weekend Warrior (both with Ford F250 diesel)
    26' TT Shadow Cruiser, 30' TT Cougar (both with Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exchanged emails with WackO and they replied with "Around a 8 - 10 db drop. Depending on the RV" .

In another email WackO stated "
    It will also increase your air flow. 2 good things for the Silencer "

Last edited by yattr0; 01-19-2019 at 03:30 PM. Reason: addition
    Current;
    2017 Reflection 337LRS 5th with 2016 Silverado LTX 3500HD Duramax
    2019 Reflection 367BHS 5th permanent in RV park

Past;
    30' TH TT Weekend Warrior, 36' TH 5th Weekend Warrior (both with Ford F250 diesel)
    26' TT Shadow Cruiser, 30' TT Cougar (both with Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast