Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stereo upgrade.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Could you post a link to the device if it's currently available? When I google "bose sounddock" the first few links report that it is no longer sold, including Bose's site which says they stopped selling it in 2013.

I got this for my wife 2-3 years ago to play her cell phone through it:

http://www.amazon.com/Bose-SoundLink.../dp/B00HWSXVDG

Its sound is very good for such a small package, but it's a long way short of "incredible" and it's not trailer-filling good sound. It too has now been discontinued by Bose.

The quest continues...
    Looks like the soundock is no longer on the Bose website where it looks like the latest offering is the Bose Home Speaker 500 system or the SoundTouch 30. I had seen refurbished soundocks for $150.00 online but you may not be able to buy the battery for this unit anymore if you do not want to be tied to and AC adapter. Like everyone out there, they want to provide upgrades to keep sales moving.
    https://www.bose.com/en_us/shop_all/.../speakers.html
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Could you post a link to the device if it's currently available? When I google "bose sounddock" the first few links report that it is no longer sold, including Bose's site which says they stopped selling it in 2013.

I got this for my wife 2-3 years ago to play her cell phone through it:

http://www.amazon.com/Bose-SoundLink.../dp/B00HWSXVDG

Its sound is very good for such a small package, but it's a long way short of "incredible" and it's not trailer-filling good sound. It too has now been discontinued by Bose.

The quest continues...
    There are plenty of systems that may give you incredible for several thousand dollars. I'm satisfied with the soundock where we do not use the furion even for a clock. Had to purchase a blu ray player since the furion will not play them as well. Its really quite worthless where we also do not want to play music for the entire campground so for low volume sound quality the Bose unit works well. I've not heard anything better for its size.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought about starting (yet another) "replace the stereo" thread, but we'll see how it goes here.

We have a 2018 310-GK, with the Jensen JWM70A. I have to replace it. Can't stand it; its DVD player crashes constantly, and the remote is completely inscrutable. The app isn't much better.

Anyway, I'm looking for a small AV receiver, with at least two HDMI inputs (Roku and BlueRay). I'm quite willing to do 120V AC instead of 12 (although 12 would save me running a 120V feed). I'd like to put it in the same area as the current radio, which is the main problem I'm having. The compartment is only 14" wide X 13" deep--and the 13" depth needs to accommodate the wires in the back of the receiver. I've read several of the posts in this thread that talk about a smart TV and soundbar, but we like to listen to the radio a lot, and I don't think such a configuration covers that (let me know if I'm wrong!).

Does anyone know of a receiver that would meet my needs?

If any 310-GK owners have upgraded their systems and put the gear in another location, please let me know! I'm not against moving it, I just haven't figured out an appropriate place.

Thanks for any pointers!
    -Al
    Al and Kathe
    House: Bass Harbor, Maine
    Home: Wherever we're parked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Highlighted states are those we have camped in for at least one night in our Solitude.
    2018 Solitude 310GK 110463 (Rhett) / 2018 F350 CC DRW 4x4 Lariat (Scarlett)
    Follow us: http://lobstersontheloose.com

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 5.1 sound bar is Bluetooth compatible. I can use phone or tablet for music. Just picked up a MHL cable to connect my S5 via hdmi to stream to the TV and sound comes through the sound bar also.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The kids got us a new Blue Ray player for the house so the old one got recycled to the trailer. I took the coax output from the TV and ran it through a coax to RCA converter then into the Furrion. With a 180W PSW inverter running the Blue Ray and TV it's a 3.5A draw on the batteries.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been searching, can't find exactly what I'm looking for, so I will try here. I have a 2020, Jensen head unit, I want to replace the inside & outside speakers, however I want to add a JL 4 channel Amp I pulled from my boat as I upgraded that Amp. The amp is in perfect working order, perfect for the camper. My question is, since this is a 12V system, where can I pull power for the amp? I have not pulled out anything yet, just curious if anyone has done this before? Thanks, Matt

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It depends how much power the amp needs, but I'd suspect you won't want to tap into anything existing. I think you'll need to run a new circuit back to the fuse panel or even the battery. Most car amps I worked with in my younger days needed at least a #10 if not #8 wire feeding them. Pretty much everything in the rig on the twelve volt side is going to be fed with #14 wire and won't be fused over fifteen amps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply - As I suspected - Problem is, the Entertainment system is in the Kitchen Slide Out, so running power to the Fuse panel or battery will be a challenge!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I feel you there. You should be able to follow along the factory writing. It normally travels along a spring to keep it out of the way as the slide how's in and out. I took a quick look online, again it depends on the amp you have but a 75 watt four channel amp is going to be looking for a 40 amp fuse. You'll need to go all the way to the batteries for that much power. Probably with a #8 or #6 wire friending on the length.

Also fyi you should plan on replacing the speakers. They're trash even at the power levels of the factory radio. If you're going to the trouble of adding the amp you'll need new speakers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes sir - Plan on replacing the speakers for sure! My amp is a 400/4 JL. I really don't have any real use for the amp right now, was hoping for an easy add for some kick to the stereo. Second challenge is the crappy outdoor speakers!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast