Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While the swivelwheel trailer looks to be the answer, they have issues as well. The most significant is “shopping cart flutter” meaning the tires tend to wobble like the front wheels on a shopping cart. Not sure if this is a major problem but it’s very noticeable when you follow one on the freeway. There are jurisdictions that have banned them as well. Blue Ox used to make them but discontinued it due to poor sales. If you want to make one yourself there is a guy that makes and sells his version of the wheel/axle combo (https://axlesandmorebyjoellc.com/).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I was doing my research I heard that about the Swivelwheel having that problem but it was always a friend of a friend and never found anyone with first-hand knowledge. I will say the guys at Idaho Tote I believe has a better design but they do cost more.
    http://www.idahotote.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bungy View Post
    While the swivelwheel trailer looks to be the answer, they have issues as well. The most significant is “shopping cart flutter” meaning the tires tend to wobble like the front wheels on a shopping cart. Not sure if this is a major problem but it’s very noticeable when you follow one on the freeway. There are jurisdictions that have banned them as well. Blue Ox used to make them but discontinued it due to poor sales. If you want to make one yourself there is a guy that makes and sells his version of the wheel/axle combo (https://axlesandmorebyjoellc.com/).
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Idaho Tote is a completely different design, it uses a pressure sensitive steering axle not a swivelwheel. I agree, a better design but pricey!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked into the cricket golf cart and found a dealer near me! I suppose once I get a free second I’m going to go look and drive one. It appears that more rv dealers should pick the line up and sell them. I really like that once we get our fith wheel it should be able to fit inside a storage locker!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12