User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Solitude, Electric Fireplace Question

We just purchased a 2019 Solitude 384GK and it has the electric fireplace in the living area. It looks cool and from my brief check of it during the first viewing of the rig, it seemed to put out some heat. Just curious how well it heats up the living area. Is it primarily for looks or does it really provide decent heat on cool days?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KirbyRVA View Post
    We just purchased a 2019 Solitude 384GK and it has the electric fireplace in the living area. It looks cool and from my brief check of it during the first viewing of the rig, it seemed to put out some heat. Just curious how well it heats up the living area. Is it primarily for looks or does it really provide decent heat on cool days?
    The one in my 315RLTS did a great job on cool nights when we were in Virginia near Shenandoah National Park. I put the main a/c system on LOW FAN (to distribute air throughout the coach) and we stayed quite comfortable--never turned on the gas furnace. Low temps were in the upper 40s to low 50s.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    The one in my 315RLTS did a great job on cool nights when we were in Virginia near Shenandoah National Park. I put the main a/c system on LOW FAN (to distribute air throughout the coach) and we stayed quite comfortable--never turned on the gas furnace. Low temps were in the upper 40s to low 50s.
    That's good to hear. We have a nice tower electric heater that we used in our motorhome. Perhaps I can put that in the bath/bedroom area and between that portable heater and the fireplace, we can stay comfortable in cool weather.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 310 has a bit less air volume than the 384 but the fireplace does fine down to uppers 30's at maintaining temp. If everything has been shut down we run the furnace to bring temp up quickly then fireplace to maintain it. At night have a small elec heater running on low heat setting in bedroom.
    I leave the bath vent open with fan off to keep down condensation.
    Enjoy your new RV.
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We travel with our Parrot so his area needs to be at least 70 degrees. We use the fireplace as primary heat on cool nights. It’s I believe a 1500 watt heater.

I also use a dehumidifier in the main area at night. It produces some heat while dehumidifying.

Between the 2 rarely do we fire up the propane heater. Propane heater produces lots of moisture in the interior.

My wife uses a small space heater in the bathroom in the morning when she takes a shower. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000TKDQ5C/ I just bought one of these for our vacation cottage.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We travel with a 23 year old African Gray. He has a happy hut in his cage. It is like a wooly hanging tent. He climbs in at night to keep warm. It may go down to the low 60's at night and he is fine. Any colder than that we put the heat on because it uncomfortable for us.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KirbyRVA View Post
    That's good to hear. We have a nice tower electric heater that we used in our motorhome. Perhaps I can put that in the bath/bedroom area and between that portable heater and the fireplace, we can stay comfortable in cool weather.
    We do exactly that and stay very comfortable. The one thing to keep in mind, if you are going to be in freezing temperatures for any period of time, the gas furnace does provide some heat to the basement to prevent freezing.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For us, it works just fine to heat our momentum when temps outside are in the low 40s. As mentioned above, turning the fan on low on the air conditioner will distribute the heat better as it does rise.

Once it gets in the 30s you're in furnace territory but the fireplace does a good job of supplementing.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN