User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVLife68 View Post
    Hope you have better luck actually talking to a human at GD. I’ve emailed and called sever times still waiting on a response. Although my issues aren’t axles at this time. They still SUCK at communication.
    Oh and BTW they (GD) don’t even have a survey to share your concerns. I’m not even sure if their monitoring this forum anymore. Hopefully Winnebago will sort this Co. out soon. I must say I’m not impressed with GD what so ever. They have a tremendous amount of work to do to change my impressions of this CO. It’s been 4 weeks and still no approval to go ahead with warranty work. I’ve actually read the manual; especially the part about reporting issues within the first 20 days of buying and getting it repaired within 90 days. Are they trying to wait a whole year?
    Are you sure the dealer doing the warranty work isnt giving you the run around? In most cases, it's the dealer, not GD. If using a dealer, ask them for the pre-authorization number for the work order. If they dont have one it means they never submitted the request. If you get one, keep calling GD until you get ahold of someone and give them the number to see what the holdup is. I haven't had good response from GD using email or leaving messages, but when actually talking to someone they have been good.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Are you sure the dealer doing the warranty work isnt giving you the run around? In most cases, it's the dealer, not GD. If using a dealer, ask them for the pre-authorization number for the work order. If they dont have one it means they never submitted the request. If you get one, keep calling GD until you get ahold of someone and give them the number to see what the holdup is. I haven't had good response from GD using email or leaving messages, but when actually talking to someone they have been good.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Apparently GD is looking for me to provide a “dealer acceptance form” from my selling dealer to the local warranty dealer.
    Y does this feel like I’m caught in the middle of a “who’s gonna pay fight.
    2018 F-350 6.7L diesel SRW CCSB Lariat with OEM rolling tonneau
    Pullrite Superglide OE Series #2914, Titan 55Gal Tank(midship)
    2018 Momentum 354 M-Class no mods yet.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, after reading this post last night, i went on GD website & looked at the actual recall. I saw that my trailer may have been one that needed to be recalled. I screen shot the recall notice, circled the serial numbers & then put my serial number on the screen shot & sent a quick email to Gloria at GD last nite at 9:50pm. This morning in my email box at 7:21am I had a response from her already! She told me that the dealer BILL THOMAS CAMPER SALES, Wentzville MO had performed the recall on 12/18/18. I am very thankful of several things - 1-GD was very quick in telling me it was fixed, 2- the Dealer that I purchased my TT fixed it before we even purchased it! I think we got our TT from one of the GOOD dealers still out there. Both Grand Design & Bill Thomas have been super wonderful with the minor issues that we have found so far.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Can someone post a link or list the affected serial numbers here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post

There is a recall list on GD website for all units , you will have to look thru to find if your specific unit falls into any of the categories.

Brian

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post

Here's the link to the Grand Design recalls page.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reached out to GD today again. The other person that was originally helping me with the screen issue, that I told about the wheel/bearing issue, never got back to me. Today, I reached out again and to my luck I got ahold of Gloria. She responded within an hour asking for additional information. I sent her a long email explaining everything to see if she could help. Mind you I had spoken with the service manager earlier today when he returned my phone call from yesterday. After reaching out to Gloria my wife received a phone call from the service manager at our dealership and he informed her that the axel, would be expedited and should arrive within 3 business days and that they were sending us two new axels. Its amazing how things change when you actually get ahold of the right person at GD. Hopefully they are sending a new wheel as well. We shall see.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So glad things are going forward & hope your problem is resolved fast & completely! Keep us posted!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, the two axles came in last Wednesday. The service manager at our dealership called me on Thursday to let me know that the mobile repair company would be contacting me that day to schedule the repairs. By Friday afternoon we still hadn't heard from them and the service manager was not replying to my calls so I went to the dealership to talk to him in person. The axels were replaced yesterday and I picked it up today from the storage lot to go camping for the weekend. Strange how much better a trailer tows when the the wheels aren't wobbling. Actually, between the time the axel went bad and today I also installed a sway bar on the rear of my truck as well as a set of Firestone air bags. Either way the difference between the last time I towed it and today was night and day. Hopefully all will go well on this weekends trip. Of course this time I get to dewinterize the unit and clean the fresh water system again since between the last trip and now we had a blizzard and I had to rewinterize. Good thing was the 2670MK was much easier to winterize then my old Jayco.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
    Chuck & Robin, LuLu and Georgie
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    2019 2670MK
    5.7 Toyota Tundra TRD with Towing Package
    TRD sway bar & Firestone air bags

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    FYI the Reflection 220RK isn't affected.

whew

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast