Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Kerrville, TX RV parks through April 2020
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have stayed at Buckhorn for a month each of the last 3 tears. As far as truck noise, it was not an issue for us, even though two of those years we were in the area closest to I-10. Later at night it seems that there are not a lot of semis traveling, although others may have a different experience.
    AKA Steve and Lynne
    Storm the Black Lab
    Reflection 337 RLS vin 573FR3628E3300393
    2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab Longbox
    6.7 Cummins, 68 RFE transmission
    B and W Companion, Air Lifts

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are a bunch of RV parks in and around Bastrop, Tx if this area is your pleasure.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by surfintom View Post
    I'm considering Port Isabel for March. Have you been there before? Is there a park you like? TIA.
    2 years ago we were there and stayed at Park Center RV Park (http://portisabelparkcenter.com/) and have reservations to go back this January for a month. We prefer the "K" row - more room between sites and located on a canal which gives you more privacy. RV's there are on grass unless you pay more for the few sites on that row that have concrete. They just completed a new office and clubhouse which is a big improvement over the previous ones. They also have a large outdoor heated swimming pool. The less expensive sites in the park tend to pack the campers in tight.
    We stayed at the KOA on south Padre Island about 4 years ago for just a few days - nice place but expensive. On the island the county has Isla Blanca park - nice large place with views of boats & ships coming and going into the channel and also by the beach for walks. Being a county park, there is no clubhouse with planned activities or entertainment. There is another place in Port Isabel that I believe is called Long Island Village - you rent a spot from the owner if it isn't occupied by the owner - have never stayed there. The other 2 parks that I've seen in Port Isabel are full of really old travel trailers that look like they haven't been moved in years - both parks looks suspect for theft of anything left outside of your rig.
    Ed & Charlotte W.
    2018 Solitude 310GK-R
    2017 Chevy 3500HD 2wd DRW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ucwinters View Post
    On the island the county has Isla Blanca park - nice large place with views of boats & ships coming and going into the channel and also by the beach for walks. Being a county park, there is no clubhouse with planned activities or entertainment.
    I've never stayed at Isla Blanca, but I just tried to make a reservation for March and it's full. There's another county park at the north end right on the beach. Nothing there but a place to park (and walk to the beach). Not sure what we're going to do.
    Tom and Kathy
    Fort Collins, CO
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2016 RAM 2500, 6.7 Turbo Diesel,
    Crew Cab, Standard Bed, Hitch Prep
    B&W Companion Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by surfintom View Post
    I've never stayed at Isla Blanca, but I just tried to make a reservation for March and it's full. There's another county park at the north end right on the beach. Nothing there but a place to park (and walk to the beach). Not sure what we're going to do.
    I'd suspect that the reason that Isla Blanca is full is due to spring break vacation for the schools/colleges. South Padre Island is chaos during spring break and I wouldn't want to be there during that time period.
    Ed & Charlotte W.
    2018 Solitude 310GK-R
    2017 Chevy 3500HD 2wd DRW

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12