User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was another member that had a small electrical flash caused by the cord coming from the socket on the outside of the camper to the power distribution panel.
    It was found that the cord was against the propane heater and melted the protective coating which caused a short and flash.
    I would check this area and see if this may have occurred. Traveling it is possible for the wire to move around and maybe come to rest in an undesirable place.
    Maybe , maybe not.

Brian

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tcamper View Post
    OK guys, I have followed RV Doctors advice and checked everything he suggested.
    Again .... my RV is in my driveway at my home and plugged into a home 50 amp receptacle that was installed several years ago by a licensed electrician.

I have used a DMM, a Non-Contact Voltage Tester a Circuit Analyzer and a PI SSP50XL surge protector ... and my source plug passes all test.

I used the DMM and registered close to 120 volts on all RV receptacles; however the Circuit Analyzer registered HOT/NEU REVERSE, and my voltage detector registered voltage in my bumper.

I also have 2 power cords .... and the results in the RV are the same on both cords....with and without the 90 degree adapter.

It was raining again today.

I have had this RV for almost 2 years and never an issue ........ my power source is sound. I have a buddy that is an electrician but he is not an RV person who is coming over tomorrow or Wednesday.

Where do we start looking??

The RV is disconnected from power at this time .... until the electrician arrives.
    Have you seen Mike's video?

He says it's either the power cord, the pedestal (aka your home's outlet), or the RV.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Hot/neutral reverse you are getting on the analyzer is pretty sure to to be the problem. You just need to figure out where the reverse is. If you have used this for 2 years you should have had this problem at campgrounds, you said it has happened twice but I don't notice where you say if it happened only at the home connection or at more than 1 location. If only at the home location I would first check the home 50A outlet.

If you have anelectrician coming he will probably be able to track it down rather quickly as a hot/neutral reverse is pretty easy to test.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes I have watched that video.
    Terry and Eileen
    2017 Solitude 310GK
    2015 Ram Longhorn 3500 4X2 SRW 6.7 Cummins
    Houston Texas
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doug - twice over the past week and in my driveway both time.
    Terry and Eileen
    2017 Solitude 310GK
    Houston Texas
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have pets (dogs), it can kill them. More than one person has lost their dog because the dog jumps up on the steps and gets the 110v through their paws.....basically, electrocuting them. Some of those little critters can't handle the shock that we can handle.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll guess you just noticed this because it's raining and because the ground was/is wet which provided a good ground conductor when you touched the hot skin on your camper.

I think you have a 'bootleg' ground at home (also called "Reverse Polarity Bootleg Ground". Because multiple cords produce the same effect the trouble is likely in your home. Try using a neighbors electric socket. Testers don't find this condition. A power protection device from EMS doesn't even find this. I think about the only thing that does is a non-contacted tester against a good ground point on your RV. Here is a link: Reverse Polarity Bootleg Ground
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys, here is what the problem was .....

At the Texas rally on 10/27 I had a bedroom outlet replaced by one of the GD techs ...... problem is the ground wire was not properly trimmed and was wrapped around and touching the hot conductor/terminal. I had an electrician repair this outlet and the problem was resolved.

It took us a few hours to find the problem because I never imagined it to be the replaced outlet.

Thanks everyone for the concern and tips!!
    Terry and Eileen
    2017 Solitude 310GK
    Houston Texas
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I really appreciate your reporting of the cause and repair. We need to keep this one in our collective memories in case it ever happens again.

Jim

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rule #3 ..... Always suspect the last change made when something stops working.

btw...... Rule #1 .... never believe anyone who said "...I already checked that..." when starting your own diagnosis of a problem

Glad to hear you got things fixed!
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast