User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    By "auxiliary fill" I assume you mean the "city water" inlet. If so then yes, the water pump is on the same line as the city water use when filling the water tank. Note: You would not want to have pressurized water supplied to the inlet AND have the pump on. Usually one or the other. There are four common configurations/uses of the valves.

1) 1st diagram "City water". Use city water pressure to supply the fixtures (faucets). Water pump is turned off.

2) 3rd diagram "Sanitize". No water pressure at inlet. Use water pump (turned on) to draw (suck) water into water tank. Typically used to pump a sanitizing solution (bleach) into tank to sterilize. Can also be used to fill water tank from a non-pressurized water source (like a bucket).

3) 4th diagram "Power Fill". Use city water pressure to fill the water tank. Water pump is turned off.

4) 5th diagram "Winterize". No water pressure at inlet. Use water pump (turned on) to draw (suck) anit-freeze into system and distribute to fixtures.

Hope this helps explain the use. Is is really a question of what (city water or the pump) that pushes water through the system.

Chris
    I think it's a momentum thing. There are two tank fill options, one through the Nautilus and an auxiliary, likely to help fill the aux faster. The auxillary looks like another black flush.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the schematics. Now maybe I can figure out why my fresh water tank gets water when in city mode. Looks like blue valve is leaking by.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the best thing I've seen today. Really helpful with understanding the plumbing through the Nautilus P1 on my new 28BH. Thank you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a note to say thank you for this post and diagram. Extremely helpful. The diagram should be part of the official system docs.
    Thank again!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm new to the party after getting a new 303RLS. These diagrams are very helpful but I have one question: What do the dotted black lines mean?
    2017 F-250 Diesel
    2021 303RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so looking at your diagram i could use the sanitize setting to pump water from a water blader to fill my fresh water tank? any reason to not do this while dry camping?
    2020 310GKR

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2logic4 View Post
    so looking at your diagram i could use the sanitize setting to pump water from a water blader to fill my fresh water tank? any reason to not do this while dry camping?
    Yes. In another recent thread someone tried this and burned out their pump. Apparently the pump is not designed to pump that much water continuously. Even when we shower, the pump cycles on and off.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I’ll pick up a external pump rather than risk burning up the on board pump

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great drawings. Helping me out a lot on fixing a water problem. May I ask why the line coming off the top of the blue valve is shown as a dotted line?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123