User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another Accident, But how in the world...?

Yesterday, I was reading the “good news, no structural damage” thread in General Discussion, then saw this on the cnycentral site.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8E0423CA-9B0B-45FA-B82E-18AC46288E1A.jpeg 
Views:	194 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	16320

There was wet, heavy snow (about 2”) that fell overnight Monday. I just can’t figure out how the whole trailer/truck combo ended up that way. The trailer is off/forward on its frame, and seems to have landed on the bottom side of the truck cab. The article stated that the ATV was in the bed of the truck. Why isn’t the grassy median in the foreground disturbed?

The thought of some of you out there driving in snow makes me fearful. Please stay safe.
    (If cnycentral has archived the story, you might search for Pittsford camper crash with date).
    Nancy
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Another Accident, But how in the world...?

Rear axle completely ripped out from frame suggests an overloaded truck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Without jumping to any conclusions without data... the trailer appears to be an older, pull-behind rather than a fifth wheel (you can see the A-frame and a front window cover on the trailer). The truck has also been flattened along with major structural damage. A multi-roll roll-over would disconnect the trailer from the truck and the two vehicles would then "do their own thing" as they tumble/flip/roll over. The whole thing may have even started with a collision. Just don't know without the whole story. I just hope there were no fatalities (although I don't see how there couldn't have been with that damage to the truck).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Without jumping to any conclusions without data... the trailer appears to be an older, pull-behind rather than a fifth wheel (you can see the A-frame and a front window cover on the trailer). The truck has also been flattened along with major structural damage. A multi-roll roll-over would disconnect the trailer from the truck and the two vehicles would then "do their own thing" as they tumble/flip/roll over. The whole thing may have even started with a collision. Just don't know without the whole story. I just hope there were no fatalities (although I don't see how there couldn't have been with that damage to the truck).

Rob
    Rob, the driver sustained “minor injuries” (can’t see how). With no mud, skid marks in foreground, the trailer and truck appear to have spun around to face the opposite direction in that far lane. Reportedly, the ATV was being transported in the truck bed, so I knew it was a tow-behind, but the entire body of the trailer separated from frame and shifted forward. That tongue left showing isn’t nearly long enough. Whole thing looks like it spun out and took flight. The news report seemed to indicate that no other vehicles were involved (again, can’t see how).
    Our “Granny” is tucked away in a big storage building, but all you others out there, pleeeeeease, stay safe!
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L