User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LV Naturist View Post
    I followed the above instructions and finally received my SIM card in the mail. Today I installed it per the instructions and followed the instructions to complete the registration on Lipperts website, and it still would not connect. I called Lippert and spoke with George. He suspected there was a setting in the coaches router that was incorrect. He walked me through logging on to the router using it's IP address and changing that setting. Voila! It works! I'm at work and using the phone app I can control stuff. I was just turning lights on and off and stuff, and had my DW verify it was working. Pretty cool!

John

Edited to add: I can also access the coach and control stuff from my computer (or other device) by logging on to https://lippert.force.com and using the One Control tab. This is cool because one might not have the app loaded on all their devices.
    John,

Appreciate you working through this. I just purchased a new 2020 Momentum and I'm working through this process now.

The link above redirects to a page that no longer lists any options; you can instead use the following link:

https://marketplace.att.com/products

...to bring up the current products. It's interesting to note that the plans begin at .99 cents for 500KB for 30 days and the SIM is only $2. The data plan can be increased up to 250MB per 30 days at $18 per month. This is set up as a recurring monthly charge.

While waiting for the SIM to arrive, I set up an account at Lippert Force and wanted to ask a couple of questions:

1. Where did you get the KCODE value they are asking for when adding your RV?
    2. When you accessed the router, did you use the standard 192.168.0.1 connected via a browser once connected to MyRV? Do you remember the default password and what router setting needed to be changed?

Thanks again for figuring this out.
    Craig

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggio View Post
    John,

Appreciate you working through this. I just purchased a new 2020 Momentum and I'm working through this process now.

The link above redirects to a page that no longer lists any options; you can instead use the following link:

https://marketplace.att.com/products

...to bring up the current products. It's interesting to note that the plans begin at .99 cents for 500KB for 30 days and the SIM is only $2. The data plan can be increased up to 250MB per 30 days at $18 per month. This is set up as a recurring monthly charge.

While waiting for the SIM to arrive, I set up an account at Lippert Force and wanted to ask a couple of questions:

1. Where did you get the KCODE value they are asking for when adding your RV?
    2. When you accessed the router, did you use the standard 192.168.0.1 connected via a browser once connected to MyRV? Do you remember the default password and what router setting needed to be changed?

Thanks again for figuring this out.
    Craig
    Hi Craig,

Sorry for the delay in responding but we were out of town sitting with my elderly parents, giving my sister a break. The marketplace link you provided is where one gets the ATT SIMM chip and activates the account. Once you set up the account with AT&T, you can also use that website to monitor your data usage and "Park" the chip temporarily so you don't use any data, like while the RV is not being used, if you want to. Log in to your account and view the "Dashboard". The lippert force link is where you can control your RV from any computer or device to run the genny, turn on the A/C, and stuff like that.

The KCODE is on a label on the top of the One Control router.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KCODE.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	20216

If memory serves, that is the correct IP address for the router, but I don't recall the default password. Also, I'd have to look at the settings to see what was changed. It was something like from "broadband" to something else. I need to check on our RV later this week and I'll try to find that out for you. Or, contact Lippert CS and they can walk you through it.

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks John. A lot of them come with a default "Admin" password but if needed, I can call Lippert since I may need that setting as well. Appreciate you pointing out where to get the KCODE value from. Mine is located in a high cabinet and I haven't seen the sides of it yet.

2020 Grand Design Momentum 349M, MORryde 8K IS, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Goodyear G114 17.5" Tires, 1280W Solar w/600AH Battle Born Batteries
    2019 Ford F350 Platinum
    2014 Polaris UTV
    USAF Retired

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does the Connect Anywhere allow you to use it as a WiFi hub for connecting a phone or computer to it to search the web and things like that or is it strictly related to using it for control of the RV systems when away from the camper? I’m trying to find out because I hear from some you can and others that you cannot use for internet access. Thanks

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by larnmd View Post
    Does the Connect Anywhere allow you to use it as a WiFi hub for connecting a phone or computer to it to search the web and things like that or is it strictly related to using it for control of the RV systems when away from the camper? I’m trying to find out because I hear from some you can and others that you cannot use for internet access. Thanks
    Yes! The system does in fact act as a hot spot. We have used it that way numerous times. The only drawback we found is it can get real spendy if you use it for high bandwidth stuff like streaming.

John
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great, thanks for the info. I was looking to purchase the appropriate data card and it took me searching the internet and finding this thread that led me to the correct website. I also contacted Lippert and explained how difficult it was for me to find the correct information. Two ATT store employees and about 4 more on the phone had no clue what I was talking about. The IOT, Internet of Things martketplace was beyond their knowledge. I did get excellent help from Lippert in what I was looking for but still unsure about being able to use it for my internet service. Hopefully I am about to purchase the correct SIM card. Of the choices, I would think using the 5Gig card for about $35 a month would work for my needs. Guess I will give it a try.
    Thanks again. I have a new 2020 Momentum 397TH and am just starting to figure all the extra things out.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LV Naturist; thanks for the follow-up.
    @larnmd; I have a lot more information I can provide now.

First, the aftermarket installation information for the kit says you can purchase the SIM at any AT&T location but you need to make sure and provide them your unique IMEI value and tell them to set the SIM up like a hotspot. I haven't done this yet since I used the IoT site but it "should" be doable and in that capacity, should work like any other AT&T hotspot and data plan. If they offer a great unlimited plan in the future, we may need to make that swap--especially if the data usage under the IoT plan is different and more costly.

Second, I ran into the same issue LV Naturist did with the Internet not connecting (green light) after putting the new IoT SIM in the slot and restarting. I connected my laptop to the LAN port and could see the IP Address to log into the router via OpenWRT (192.168.1.2) but I wasn't sure what the default password was. I called Lippert support and they asked if their "resident expert" could call me back. I asked if that was George based on the above post and was told it was. When George called me back, he was glad to know he was "Internet Famous" but his knowledge is limited because Lippert hasn't provided them a SIM/data plan to experiment with. He told me the default password was "admin" so I logged in and he said although they have been working with AT&T on the issue, the SIM card is not updating the APN value when inserted into the router. We navigated to the "Network - 4G" tab and updated the APN value to "m2m.com.attz". After unplugging the power cord again and then giving it time to restart, everything came up green including the Internet and I was now able to connect from the cloud side as well.

Third, recommend you NOT buy a 2MB IoT plan. I purchased that thinking I could just upgrade it later but they automatically charge your credit card every time you hit that limit.
    Once I got it working, I went in the house and opened the Lippert Force page and started an AC unit, etc. I then went back to the RV to work on other things. About 5 hours later, I found 44 emails from AT&T (22 stating high usage and 22 automatic billings for $2 each for 44MB total). I basically spent $44 in about 5 hours which was more than just getting the new 5GB plan for $35 a month. Apparently, the Lippert Force page was checking/refreshing content and was burning through 2 MB every 15-20 minutes.

When I went into the IoT site and attempted to change the plan, it forced me to cancel the old one and order a new one including a new SIM? I purchased the 5GB plan and could see my old SIM was still registered under my account (you can apparently enable/disable SIMS on your account at will when not using them).

Regarding your last question; there are additional ethernet ports on the router you can plug into as well as connecting wirelessly. It appears to work like any other hotspot and the range of the preinstalled 4G roof antenna is very good according to George. I'm not sure if the usage differs through the IoT plan versus a regular AT&T data plan but it's something I'll be monitoring closely based on what already happened. I'd also like to explore the router and see if I could plug in a Verizon hotspot via the USB port?

Finally, I checked AT&T's web site looking for unlimited data plans for hotspots and didn't find anything that appeared to be better than the IoT plans. If we find the data usage is different though, we'll want to look into that.

2020 Grand Design Momentum 349M, MORryde 8K IS, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Goodyear G114 17.5" Tires, 1280W Solar w/600AH Battle Born Batteries
    2019 Ford F350 Platinum
    2014 Polaris UTV
    USAF Retired

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LV Naturist; thanks for the follow-up.
    @larnmd; I have a lot more information I can provide now.

First, the aftermarket installation information for the kit says you can purchase the SIM at any AT&T location but you need to make sure and provide them your unique IMEI value and tell them to set the SIM up like a hotspot. I haven't done this yet since I used the IoT site but it "should" be doable and in that capacity, should work like any other AT&T hotspot and data plan. If they offer a great unlimited plan in the future, we may need to make that swap--especially if the data usage under the IoT plan is different and more costly.

Second, I ran into the same issue LV Naturist did with the Internet not connecting (green light) after putting the new IoT SIM in the slot and restarting. I connected my laptop to the LAN port and could see the IP Address to log into the router via OpenWRT (192.168.1.2) but I wasn't sure what the default password was. I called Lippert support and they asked if their "resident expert" could call me back. I asked if that was George based on the above post and was told it was. When George called me back, he was glad to know he was "Internet Famous" but his knowledge is limited because Lippert hasn't provided them a SIM/data plan to experiment with. He told me the default password was "admin" so I logged in and he said although they have been working with AT&T on the issue, the SIM card is not updating the APN value when inserted into the router. We navigated to the "Network - 4G" tab and updated the APN value to "m2m.com.attz". After unplugging the power cord again and then giving it time to restart, everything came up green including the Internet and I was now able to connect from the cloud side as well.

Third, recommend you NOT buy a 2MB IoT plan. I purchased that thinking I could just upgrade it later but they automatically charge your credit card every time you hit that limit.
    Once I got it working, I went in the house and opened the Lippert Force page and started an AC unit, etc. I then went back to the RV to work on other things. About 5 hours later, I found 44 emails from AT&T (22 stating high usage and 22 automatic billings for $2 each for 44MB total). I basically spent $44 in about 5 hours which was more than just getting the new 5GB plan for $35 a month. Apparently, the Lippert Force page was checking/refreshing content and was burning through 2 MB every 15-20 minutes.

When I went into the IoT site and attempted to change the plan, it forced me to cancel the old one and order a new one including a new SIM? I purchased the 5GB plan and could see my old SIM was still registered under my account (you can apparently enable/disable SIMS on your account at will when not using them).

Regarding your last question; there are additional ethernet ports on the router you can plug into as well as connecting wirelessly. It appears to work like any other hotspot and the range of the preinstalled 4G roof antenna is very good according to George. I'm not sure if the usage differs through the IoT plan versus a regular AT&T data plan but it's something I'll be monitoring closely based on what already happened. I'd also like to explore the router and see if I could plug in a Verizon hotspot via the USB port?

Finally, I checked AT&T's web site looking for unlimited data plans for hotspots and didn't find anything that appeared to be better than the IoT plans. If we find the data usage is different though, we'll want to look into that.
    Following up on this post; I wanted to confirm that although the IoT site made me select a new plan and pay for another SIM card, the existing SIM card I already had continued to work just fine because I left it registered and active on my account. It was immediately usable with he new 5GB plan. Since I hadn't had a chance to test it, I didn't include that in the previous response. Having logged in/out of the Lippert Force page a few times over the past three days, the data usage seems to be reasonable.

2019 Ford F350 Platinum
    2014 Polaris UTV
    USAF Retired

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Following up on this post; I wanted to confirm that although the IoT site made me select a new plan and pay for another SIM card, the existing SIM card I already had continued to work just fine because I left it registered and active on my account. It was immediately usable with he new 5GB plan. Since I hadn't had a chance to test it, I didn't include that in the previous response. Having logged in/out of the Lippert Force page a few times over the past three days, the data usage seems to be reasonable.
    Diggio, I'm getting ready to increase my SIM account from 500MB to 5GB so this is good information! Just so I understand, are you now paying for both SIM's or just the upgraded one? I want to go with the 5GB only, not both. Please clarify...

Also, I just noticed you are retired USAF. Thank you for your service!

John
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John,

Apparently, you can have several SIM cards on your account and you can activate/inactivate them at will. Those that are active and being used will consume data from your purchased plan(s).

When I changed plans, they basically cancelled the old one and signed me up for a new one (including another $2 SIM charge). I just received the new SIM yesterday but will not be using it. The original SIM I already installed begin using the 5GB plan immediately because that was the current plan associated with my account. The original smaller plan was cancelled so there is no continuing charge.

I'm not sure why they won't let us change the data size without forcing you to buy another SIM. You are really only out the $2 and I guess it doesn't hurt to have a spare.

The SIM cost is not a recurring charge so you will only pay for the new 5GB plan once the old one is cancelled.

2019 Ford F350 Platinum
    2014 Polaris UTV
    USAF Retired

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast