User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furious with Furrion

I buy a back up camera system from my dealer that sold me a 2016 313RLTS a couple of years back so we trade the 313 for a 367 5er and I switch the camera from the 313 to the 367. I used the camera once (honest) when we had the 313 and never messed with it after that. After installing it on the 367 the following day we bought it I had a real need for it and would not work. So when we get home I tear it back out check for power to the camera and that is good and I have power to it. Take the camera and try to power it up out of the bracket with no luck. First I email Furrion (customer service) should call it NO CUSTOMER SERVICE because after 2 weeks no response to my request for some kind of help. I call Furrion and explain the fact that I understand the warranty is 1 year and right out of the gate the lady stops me in mid stream that answered tells me oh we don't even make that camera anymore and there is nothing that I can do to help you and I need to buy a new one ...all in one breath and fluffs me off then. I was not asking for the world here just a little help from Furrion for being punished for almost $600.00 when I bought it and you would think that this company would have just a tad of compassion for the customer or offer me some solution that would help the customer and help the company right ??? wrong. I will never buy a Furrion product again and the reason I am telling you all about it is so you don't make the same mistake I did. RUN FROM FURRION !

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did they by chance wire it to the running lights on the new rig? If so, you would need your tow vehicle running lights on to activate.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Furrion won't help then take a look at the Haloview MC7108 7'' 720P HD Digital Wireless Rear View Camera System. That's the one that I am seriously considering.

Kevin
    Kevin and Jennifer
    2016 RAM 3500 Laramie Mega Cab CTD Aisin 4x4 SRW
    2019 Reflection 28BH (Built 2/2019)
    - 78" Theater Seat, Second AC, Dual Pane Windows
    - Sailun 235/85 R16 Tires
    Blue Ox Super Ride BXR7200 with a Demco Factory Prep Bracket 6099

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've had poor luck with their customer service also. But do you need tips on troubleshooting?

Jim

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also have a 367BHS and you may want to double check that your battery disconnect switch is set for batteries to be “on”. Our camera won’t work without the switch being in the “on” position due to how it is wired into the unit. Good luck!
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by game warden View Post
    I buy a back up camera system from my dealer that sold me a 2016 313RLTS a couple of years back so we trade the 313 for a 367 5er and I switch the camera from the 313 to the 367. I used the camera once (honest) when we had the 313 and never messed with it after that. After installing it on the 367 the following day we bought it I had a real need for it and would not work. So when we get home I tear it back out check for power to the camera and that is good and I have power to it. Take the camera and try to power it up out of the bracket with no luck. First I email Furrion (customer service) should call it NO CUSTOMER SERVICE because after 2 weeks no response to my request for some kind of help. I call Furrion and explain the fact that I understand the warranty is 1 year and right out of the gate the lady stops me in mid stream that answered tells me oh we don't even make that camera anymore and there is nothing that I can do to help you and I need to buy a new one ...all in one breath and fluffs me off then. I was not asking for the world here just a little help from Furrion for being punished for almost $600.00 when I bought it and you would think that this company would have just a tad of compassion for the customer or offer me some solution that would help the customer and help the company right ??? wrong. I will never buy a Furrion product again and the reason I am telling you all about it is so you don't make the same mistake I did. RUN FROM FURRION !
    Hi game warden,
    We had a (somewhat) similar experience with Furrion. In the same month we bought our trailer August ‘17, Bruce bought a back-up for the pre-wired fixture. As we were at the check-out, I kept hinting that maybe we should wait, do some research, it’s an awful lot of $, etc. We used it that first Fall, then covered the trailer for the winter. We were rushed this past spring, getting to a reserved site, as our dealer was holding our trailer hostage with no sign of progress on scheduled work (service advisor took our trailer in, then went on vacation). As a result, we never tried to use the camera again, until one month before the 1 year warranty expired.
    We knew there was a problem with the signal, because the camera and monitor would not pair, even when sitting next to each other in the cab of the truck. I emailed Furrion, and they were reasonably friendly, but it was evident that they wanted to ensure we tried everything (I assured them we had). Then, of course, they needed a copy of the receipt, which I promptly emailed to them. They came back with a terse email, stating that they’d send us a new unit, but THAT unit would only be under warranty for one month.
    Newer unit: FRC12TA-BL.
    I have no illusions about how long this one will last, but we have removed it and stored it inside for the winter. I believe it was a mistake for GD to go with this camera/company for backup cameras or monitors. They probably just went for it because they were already supplying the audio equipment. They are overpriced out of the gate, and apparently not reliable.
    We have wireless cameras on every side of our house that work perfectly fine. I can connect from my laptop or iPad, at anytime to see what’s up around the property. The whole system cost far less than the puny little Furrion.

There are threads on here where folks have been very happy with lower priced alternatives.
    Sorry for your bad experience.
    Nancy
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did the same thing with my Jayco (furrion wireless camera installed). It took me until this year to figure out my lights in the cab had to be activated to work. I was sitting in the cab when the auto lights came on, the camera came on, and I thought that was odd. Because I was on my second warranty unit as the stupid camera wouldn't work. So naturally I switched the manual lights off, the camera shut off, then on, and the camera came on. I face palmed and haven't had an issue since.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank You Jim but I am good I have power to the camera and I took the camera out and tried to power it direct from a 12v source. Shame a big company can`t provide there customers with good customer service ...they would be amazed on how BIG it pays dividends down the road. These big company`s spend millions to get customers but it only take a little to keep your customers. They would be better served to quit advertising and use that money to satisfy the customers and I would bet they had money left at the end of the year they could give the employee`s a bonus ...how about that for a moral booster for the employees.Just saying.