User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by f100owner View Post
    Picked up our new 2800bh today. Pulled surprisingly well. Actually a lot better than our trade in. I was getting pushed around going to the dealer for the 30 miles of interstate highway. Coming back, nothing close to that experience. Tech had me air up rear tires to near max..48 pounds as there not even at recommended pressure of 35. Also, he suggested leaving the full tank of water in it.
    In any event return trip was pleasant.
    First time setup went ok. Had to rush to town to get a 50 amp to 30 amp converter. They said they had one that converted to basic 110, 15 amp. It was for going from 30 to 15. Luckily I found a local rv store in our little town still open at 5 PM day before Thanksgiving that had one and only $17.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Congrats!

I'd be very curious to see CAT scale numbers on your setup. If you do run across the scales, get the Expedition weighed without the trailer hooked up and then with the full setup connected. Having the two sets of numbers will allow calculation of the tongue weight.

Again--congratulations and I hope many, many happy memories are in-the-making for you and yours.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    If you do run across the scales, get the Expedition weighed without the trailer hooked up and then with the full setup connected. Having the two sets of numbers will allow calculation of the tongue weight.
    Your first trip across the CAT scales might run you $12 or so, but additional trips across the scales during the same day will only be about $2 each as long as you keep the original ticket.
    Joe & Joy + children
    2018 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Tremor, 7.3L V8
    Equal-i-zer 1,200/12,000 lb. hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jw^2 family View Post
    Your first trip across the CAT scales might run you $12 or so, but additional trips across the scales during the same day will only be about $2 each as long as you keep the original ticket.
    Went across twice in WA I think it was on our way back east a month ago, they charged the same $12 for both weighs within a few minutes even after I questioned it.
    Chris and Karen - currently on the coast of the Olympic Peninsula

Roaming the country full time with our 2018 312BHTS Reflection behind a 2016 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins and two preschoolers who are highly addicted to camping.

Follow our adventures @brownsignjunkies

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When one bumps up the tires to max pressure for towing (my max pressure is 51 psi on my pirelli Scorpion Verde 113H tires), does one bump up the pressure on all four or simply the rear tires? Logic seems to bump up pressure all the way around, but I can remember many moons ago, just bumping rear tire pressure on pickups when towing things without a weight distribution hitch.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, just back from first "real" camping trip with the 2800BH and my expedition. Heavy rains to deal with the 170 miles to the park but trailer pulled very well with 48-50 PSI in the truck tires. But it took a few miles to "settle" in with the setup. Return trip was a little windy and took a little longer to settle in, but overall pretty well behaved setup for up to 60MPH. I am not joyous about it, but tolerable and not white knuckle.
    I did send my Ford salesman an email when I got home - Humor me, what would a trade look like for my two-month leased f150 with 2.7 eco for a f150 supercrew with long bed, 3.5 eco and trailer tow package.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I have the components for another hitch (equal-i-zer 1200/12000 pound) coming in today and Friday I had the tires on my new pickup upgraded some to Cooper Discover HT Plus with a 114 load rating. The stock Hankook tires were rated at 109. Just could not see going to LT tires, plus I did not want all terrain tread. Plan to build up my hitch and try out the pickup as tow vehicle middle January for a short trip to South Llano SP in nearby Junction (120 miles round trip, near all Interestate 10).
    2022 Imagine 3250
    2021 f250 fx4 7.3
    2016 Harley Ultra Limited
    1971 F100 Flareside (project)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by f100owner View Post
    Well I have the components for another hitch (equal-i-zer 1200/12000 pound) coming in today and Friday I had the tires on my new pickup upgraded some to Cooper Discover HT Plus with a 114 load rating. The stock Hankook tires were rated at 109. Just could not see going to LT tires, plus I did not want all terrain tread. Plan to build up my hitch and try out the pickup as tow vehicle middle January for a short trip to South Llano SP in nearby Junction (120 miles round trip, near all Interestate 10).
    I think that's a good decision to go with the 1,200/12,000 hitch.

Let us know how those Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus tires work for you. The P275/55R20 size of that Cooper tire is rated with a Load Index of 117. I've been considering those or some General Grabber HTS60 tires (also Load Index 117) for possible replacements when our OEM Bridgestones (Load Index 111) wear out. Michelin tires are another option with a Load Index of 113 for our tire size.
    Joe & Joy + children
    2018 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Tremor, 7.3L V8
    Equal-i-zer 1,200/12,000 lb. hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That 275/55r20 is the same size as our expedition. We had a set of pirelli verde all seasons installed on it. Much nicer than our stock tire, plus I recall them having a decent load index. We run them at 48 psi when towing.

2022 Imagine 3250
    2021 f250 fx4 7.3

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 2.7 eco seems to handle the load just fine. On its inaugural camping trip averaged about 8 mpg at 62-65 mph. Never towed with the stock tires, so can't say if tire upgrade was worth it
    Now this is all based on a 60 mile trip.

2022 Imagine 3250
    2021 f250 fx4 7.3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2018 f150 2.7 eco w/3.55 ratio as well. I have not seen the mention of f100owner adding a Timbren Rear Axle SES Suspension Enhancement System to the F150. My understanding (from a guy I trust at my ford dealership) is adding on these (about $200), putting max psi in tires ( like he has done) and going from the stock c rated tires to d or e would make the current 2.7 eco boost more stable/capable while towing when you get to it’s upper limits. He feels the 2.7 has the muscle to pull up to 7600 if not a tad more.

I’m about to purchase the 2800 bh as well. F100owner, How has your towing experience been since your post back in Jan?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast