User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcfromky View Post
    I have a 2018 f150 2.7 eco w/3.55 ratio as well. I have not seen the mention of f100owner adding a Timbren Rear Axle SES Suspension Enhancement System to the F150. My understanding (from a guy I trust at my ford dealership) is adding on these (about $200), putting max psi in tires ( like he has done) and going from the stock c rated tires to d or e would make the current 2.7 eco boost more stable/capable while towing when you get to it’s upper limits. He feels the 2.7 has the muscle to pull up to 7600 if not a tad more.

I’m about to purchase the 2800 bh as well. F100owner, How has your towing experience been since your post back in Jan?
    We have had the trailer out every month. The only enhancement I did was replacing the tires and then only to like a 119 load range radial tire. I like a comfortable ride the other 80 percent of the time I am driving the pickup.
    Pulling and stopping have not been issues for us going through the hilly roads of the Texas Hill Country. Windy days takes some adjustment, but that is going to be the case with any F150 in my mind. Maybe less so with a longer tow vehicle, which I wish I had. Dislike the short, nearly useless bed on these new trucks, especially after adding a basic tool box.
    The power is there to haul our 2800BH. The 2.7 does wind up a bit on climbs, but that is how the ecoboost likes it.
    Our MPG at 6.x (I have previously validated my MPG via manual modes) is about 1 to 1.5 less than the 3.5 eco in our 2016 Expedition EL.
    Will be taking a little longer trip to west Texas next month - only about 700 miles round trip - and will be using the F150. This is mostly flat highway driving to the Davis Mountains and just a few miles of winding through the Davis Mountains to Davis Mountain State Park. I expect it to get challenged on a couple of climbs there.
    2022 Imagine 3250
    2021 f250 fx4 7.3
    2016 Harley Ultra Limited
    1971 F100 Flareside (project)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reviving an old post here I think. I've owned a few F150 and they all had the max tow and max payload package and tow mirrors (which I now really miss) but never really had a real need for all that. My work change quite a bit last year and I started doing lots of mileage. My regular gas monthly budget was up to $900/mth so when I traded in my reliable 2010 F150 this past Sept. I opted for the F150 short bed 2.7 EB, 3.55 no regular tow package, no payload no tow mirrors. My goal was gas mileage savings. Now we just signed the papers to a 2020 22MLE and I'm now worried about towing. My truck towing rating is 7,600 and payload is 1,426. Trailer GVWR is 6,995. I really dont like being border line.
    Any recommendations, comments, suggestions?
    I havent taken delivery yet because of COVID-19 so I could always cancel the deal I guess.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345