User Tag List

Thread: tough table leaf!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tough table leaf!!

Ok so I'm posting this with great embarrassment hoping it will prevent someone else doing it. So we were in Todd Mission Tx this past weekend dry camping at the Rennaissance Festival. Weather was perfect until time to leave Sunday morning, raining pretty hard. I had everything buttoned up and put in front slide and rear two slides, then started on two main slides. So they go in most of the way then the dinette slide slows down and bows back out at the top. I'm like WTH?? Ok so I run them back out and try again...nope same result..not good. My son-in-law says let me squeeze in and see what's up, yep you guessed it, I forgot to fold down the table leaf extension and it was ramming up against the island with hydraulic force! I would like to thank the Grand Design person who installed that kitchen island....that is one tough son of a gun, no damage what so ever! Lol Anyways those of you with any kind of table extension etc don't forget to lower it please.
    2019 Solitude 375 RES
    2019 Ford F-350 CC DRW Platinum 6.7 payload 5264 lbs 3:55 axle
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for sharing this Jeff! I will assume our table would also hit the island with the leaf extended. If so, I suspect I won't be using that leaf! An accident waiting to happen.
    Brian & Kellie
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R
    2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke
    Hensley BD5 air bag hitch

Previous setup:
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST
    2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax
    Hensley BD3 hitch w/MORryde pin box

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    Ok so I'm posting this with great embarrassment hoping it will prevent someone else doing it. So we were in Todd Mission Tx this past weekend dry camping at the Rennaissance Festival. Weather was perfect until time to leave Sunday morning, raining pretty hard. I had everything buttoned up and put in front slide and rear two slides, then started on two main slides. So they go in most of the way then the dinette slide slows down and bows back out at the top. I'm like WTH?? Ok so I run them back out and try again...nope same result..not good. My son-in-law says let me squeeze in and see what's up, yep you guessed it, I forgot to fold down the table leaf extension and it was ramming up against the island with hydraulic force! I would like to thank the Grand Design person who installed that kitchen island....that is one tough son of a gun, no damage what so ever! Lol Anyways those of you with any kind of table extension etc don't forget to lower it please.

I havent made this mistake yet...I was really worried I would and so I put a little reminder to “check table” with the label maker above the slide in toggle switch.

A6C3443F-03F2-43F9-A0AD-86E7675C360C.jpg
    Ryan
    2017 Solitude 377MBS-R
    Titan electric/hydraulic disc brakes
    Morryde suspension
    2017 GMC 3500 Duramax Denali SRW Airlift bags with wireless control
    Pullrite 2900 autoslide hitch

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hwktlg8 View Post
    I havent made this mistake yet...I was really worried I would and so I put a little reminder to “check table” with the label maker above the slide in toggle switch.

A6C3443F-03F2-43F9-A0AD-86E7675C360C.jpg
    That's a great idea, I will get a label maker! Thank you!!
    2019 Solitude 375 RES
    Jeff

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    Thank you for sharing this Jeff! I will assume our table would also hit the island with the leaf extended. If so, I suspect I won't be using that leaf! An accident waiting to happen.
    Yes it is indeed and you're welcome. Sometimes breaking camp in these things is like pre-flighting an airplane lol !
    2019 Solitude 375 RES
    Jeff

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought I'd post a little follow up on my table leaf ordeal The trailer is at the dealer getting a couple of minor things taken care of and getting the correct generator exhaust installed! So I told them about my little slide screwup and can they check the kitchen island because it has a little uhh wiggle in it now lol. Yep sure enough I did manage to pull the island screws a little loose from the floor. They were very gracious about it and said they'd handle it, easy fix. Apparently you can get to the screws by removing the island trim around the floor. Kudos to my dealer (even though they installed the wrong exhaust on the Onan install). I have since put a label on slide one switch saying "table" as someone suggested in this thread
    2019 Solitude 375 RES
    Jeff