User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tow 29RL or 303 w/Reese Goosebox?

We've decided to sell our toy hauler and go to a 5th wheel and have narrowed choices to the 29RL or the 303. Our TV is a 2013 Ford F350 SRW Standard box, crew cab 4x4 with the 6.7L PS. I would like to use a Reese Goosebox vs the conventional pin box to free up room in the pickup's box. I watched a video on Youtube (bigtruckbigrv) where this guy swapped his conventional pin box out for the Reese goose box and was pleased. His truck has an 8' bed, and my truck has the standard 6'9" box. Wondering if anyone on here is pulling either the Reflection 29RL or 303 with a Reese Goosebox? any insight greatly appreciated. We have outgrown our toy hauler and its time to get a 5th wheel.
    Last edited by howson; 11-22-2018 at 04:38 AM. Reason: Clarify title

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unit88 View Post
    We've decided to sell our toy hauler and go to a 5th wheel and have narrowed choices to the 29RL or the 303. Our TV is a 2013 Ford F350 SRW Standard box, crew cab 4x4 with the 6.7L PS. I would like to use a Reese Goosebox vs the conventional pin box to free up room in the pickup's box. I watched a video on Youtube (bigtruckbigrv) where this guy swapped his conventional pin box out for the Reese goose box and was pleased. His truck has an 8' bed, and my truck has the standard 6'9" box. Wondering if anyone on here is pulling either the Reflection 29RL or 303 with a Reese Goosebox? any insight greatly appreciated. We have outgrown our toy hauler and its time to get a 5th wheel.
    Unit88--welcome to the forum! I've taken the liberty of clarifying the title to this thread so it will be quickly spotted by a member browsing title threads. It also makes it easier for the search engine to find at a later date.

Any questions, let me know.

-Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the exact same tow vehicle (same options you mentioned) except it's a 2017. We converted to a Reese Goosebox from the very beginning and really like it. We've been on 3 trips with it including a 1000 trip to the mountains. We're pulling a 337rls. The only time we know we're pulling something is when there are bad roads (Louisiana was by far the worst - has been since I was a kid) and the RV pushes us forward and back a little. We LOVE how we immediately have a full bed after unhitching. BTW, with the standard bed, you'll need the 4 inch extended from Reese. We have a very tight storage parking situation and with the extension, we have enough space to angle the RV a lot without hitting the cab. Knowing what I know now, I would definitely do it again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBuckners View Post
    We have the exact same tow vehicle (same options you mentioned) except it's a 2017. We converted to a Reese Goosebox from the very beginning and really like it. We've been on 3 trips with it including a 1000 trip to the mountains. We're pulling a 337rls. The only time we know we're pulling something is when there are bad roads (Louisiana was by far the worst - has been since I was a kid) and the RV pushes us forward and back a little. We LOVE how we immediately have a full bed after unhitching. BTW, with the standard bed, you'll need the 4 inch extended from Reese. We have a very tight storage parking situation and with the extension, we have enough space to angle the RV a lot without hitting the cab. Knowing what I know now, I would definitely do it again.
    Thank you for responding.... I'm not clear on the 4" extension from reese? I'm assuming I could find it on the their website. Will check it out tonight.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The offset/setback ball has a square pin.....My truck came prepped for goose neck, and I watched a couple of videos of them installing the ball into the receiver and the ball shaft was round, not square. I'll attempt to attach a link. His truck is an F450, but I was assuming the F350 has the same goose ball receiver in the middle of the box. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doGxz-4u1_A

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot that the truck hitch setup was a B&W turnover ball. They are the ones that sell the extension, not Reese.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may have to fabricate one of my own..... or just go with an Anderson as one of the responders to another thread with same TV as mine said they use the Anderson and have sufficient clearance.....and the hitch is relatively light and easy to remove.We have looked at getting a different truck, but I am not keen on going to an 8' bed for my daily driver. But thank you for your valuable information....... I am totally new to this 5th wheel thing

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might be able to replace the Ford gooseball setup with the aftermarket B&W undermount gooseneck. A quick call to B&W would provide an answer. Then you could use the offset adaptor.
    I have the Andersen and if I would have a do-over, I’d go with the Goosebox.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW