Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by colo native View Post
    Every time I see these tire threads I always wonder why NOBODY replaces the spare. When I do mine they are All getting done no reason to keep 1 questionable tire IMHO.
    Because the CFO in our family wears a skirt and she didn't authorize the expenditure.

Jim

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every time I see these tire threads I always wonder why NOBODY replaces the spare. When I do mine they are All getting done no reason to keep 1 questionable tire IMHO.
    Bad enough I spent $$$$$ on tires to replace what should be good tires on my brand new trailer. The Westlake is "good enough" to be an emergency spare for short term use and there's too many other competing interests to ask my CFO about a wheel just so it matches.

You can put me in the "he did lower his spare" column. Mine's also flipped around so I can check the air pressure.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goodyear really hit a home run with that tire. With millions and millions of ST tires being used on the road, they're the only North American built tire out there. And they seem to be working out very well.

The Maxxis is Korean built, and it's also a good ST tire. Sailuns are coming on strong too in spite of having a rather poor dealer network. They're available online, and tire delivery is usually just a day or two.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sailuns made in Red China. Goodyear Endurance made in USA. That is why I won't buy Sailuns.

Plus, I use Discount Tire because they have stores everywhere if I have a problem. Same reason I buy my vehicle and RV batteries at Walmart...if I have a problem I'll find a Walmart close by and I've warrantied quite a few batteries over the years.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I replaced all five of my Westlakes and have a new Endurance tire on the back. Now I need to make the tough call in what to put on my truck which came with Passenger tires....load rated at 112T. I really would like to keep my Cadillac ride and fuel economy.
    Last edited by MidwestCamper; 12-22-2018 at 07:57 AM.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    Bad enough I spent $$$$$ on tires to replace what should be good tires on my brand new trailer. The Westlake is "good enough" to be an emergency spare for short term use and there's too many other competing interests to ask my CFO about a wheel just so it matches.
    So you put better tires on the trailer and leave the stock(poor quality) spare for emergency use. At the point you need the spare, you have used your get back on the road card with a tire not as good as the one that needed replaced and nothing to replace it with if needed.
    2019 GMC 3500 HD:)
    2016 Reflection 313RLTS:cool:

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob/OlallaWA View Post
    So you put better tires on the trailer and leave the stock(poor quality) spare for emergency use. At the point you need the spare, you have used your get back on the road card with a tire not as good as the one that needed replaced and nothing to replace it with if needed.
    That's my point I will spent the extra $160 or so to have all good tires and piece of mind.
    2015 F250 CC SB 4x4 6.7 PSD
    2018 315 RLTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I replaced my Westlake with Endurance last year. I used to run Maxxis, but US made Endurance made me switch brands. Been very happy with them. I did not do the spare, as I guess if I ever need to use the spare, it will be temporary. I did add a second spare as we often go on long road trips, so I have a spare for the spare.

DAN
    2016 Reflection 323BHS
    2006 5.9L Ram Megacab

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rolled into the local Les Schwab to see if they could order the GY Endurance.. "they're junk and we won't carry them". I explained they're GY newest version and have rave reviews. She told me to buy them online and they'd mount for me. I've dealt with this shop for years and this service writer for longer at numerous shops she's been at. Ordinarily, I might have taken her word but folks here have the experience so going to order from Tire Rack and ship to Schwab.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...5END&tab=Sizes
    Gary & Erin + Kitty the '85# Border Collie/Lab
    2015 303RLS
    2018 F350 CCLB SRW 6.7PSD (1st Ford coming from '05 Duramax)
    http://www.kleenoilusa.com

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeDuty View Post
    Rolled into the local Les Schwab to see if they could order the GY Endurance.. "they're junk and we won't carry them". I explained they're GY newest version and have rave reviews. She told me to buy them online and they'd mount for me. I've dealt with this shop for years and this service writer for longer at numerous shops she's been at. Ordinarily, I might have taken her word but folks here have the experience so going to order from Tire Rack and ship to Schwab.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...5END&tab=Sizes
    The reason Les doesn't like GY is that sell Towmax (aka blowmax) I had Blowmax on my previous FW and that's what Primetime put on there units and on the Forest River owner sit plenty of stories of blowouts, I never had a blowout but I did have a tire tread separated caught it before damaged anything
    2015 F250 CC SB 4x4 6.7 PSD
    2018 315 RLTS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast