User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    Cheap solution...
    move your food from the fridge to a large thermoelectric cooler that is powered one of your existing 12v powered ports inside the truck. Would take 10 minutes tops. Done.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LYL17ZW..._cOnmCb6480CK0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Valid solution, but as stated in post #29 of this thread, "I want to minimize the logistics associated with traveling with the RV. The less steps associated with a travel day, the better. Currently Fran freezes water bottles and limits the amount of items that must stay cold to what will fit in the freezer space. (The food stays cold in the freezer with the frozen water bottles--nothing spoils.)"

I haven't come to any conclusion yet. Too much going on over the holidays and work really interferes with my play time. At some point I'll get the thousand dollar solution to the .10 problem or will conclude it's not worth it. DW, however, will get the final say as she's the one that does the work associated with food.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    Valid solution, but as stated in post #29 of this thread, "I want to minimize the logistics associated with traveling with the RV.
    The less steps associated with a travel day, the better.
    "
    Then spending the money and getting solar panels, an inverter and a sizeable battery bank is the way to go.

I have a proven system for doing exactly what you want. You wouldn't need a setup as expensive as mine, but it ticks all the boxes.
    When we travel I turn off the LP, and switch the fridge to AC so it runs off the inverter/batteries/solar.
    Minimum logistics... I turn a knob and hit 1 button, total effort of 30 seconds and the fridge will run for days.

But your statements made it sound like you didn't want to spend even a thousand dollars, so I offered up an affordable, simple solution.

I am curious to see what you come up with.
    Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 01-05-2019 at 10:52 AM.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My thoughts on this modification have expanded--for more info (and a continuation of this thread) see https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...back-Requested
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678