User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ProPride 3P Trailer Sway Control Hitch in NW Florida--Anyone?

I need to put my eyes on a ProPride 3P Trailer Sway Control Hitch. I called Pro Pride but they do not have any dealers in this area.

Anyone have this hitch and you're close to Pensacola or Fort Walton Beach, Florida? I want to see if my Blue Ox bar chains will connect to the Pro Pride's weight distribution jack.

Below is the end result I'm contemplating. Your constructive critiques on this idea are most welcome.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What size is the holes on your chains? Ill measure the jacks tomorrow. I dont see why it wouldn't work, however, why not use the supplied linkage?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm almost certain that ProPride buys the jacks from another supplier. I seem to remember looking at them on line a couple of years ago when I was buying my PP. Perhaps another member can look at theirs, and see if there is any identifying information as to manufacturer...(unfortunately, mine is inaccessible storage...)
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the sticker is on the bottom of the jack. Ill check for any markings. I believe it is just a modified lippert tongue jack.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnub View Post
    the sticker is on the bottom of the jack. Ill check for any markings. I believe it is just a modified lippert tongue jack.
    Thanks! I am going to check the chains (size) when I get home from work.

To your "why" question, see post #5 in this thread: https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...l=1#post200488

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    Thanks! I am going to check the chains (size) when I get home from work.

To your "why" question, see post #5 in this thread: https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...l=1#post200488
    Copy that. Mine went up no issues with a speed handle. Here are some pictures to hopefully help. Jack hook is a touch over 1/2" in diameter where the chain would slide over. Jacks are made by BAL industries.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Copy that. Mine went up no issues with a speed handle. Here are some pictures to hopefully help. Jack hook is a touch over 1/2" in diameter where the chain would slide over. Jacks are made by BAL industries.
    Took me a bit, but I measured the gap in the chain at just over 1/2". A 9/16" round object will fit between the links. If I have an issue I could just get Pro Pride's Spring Bar Link (the vertical bar) since it attaches to the bar using the same U bolt as Blue Ox's chain.

Pro Pride gave me the name of an individual in Alabama that is willing to let me look at his setup. It's 1.5 hours away, but I will *know* if it will work after I see his hitch.

I researched Google using "BAL" and found the company, but I don't see Pro Pride's part sold separately. Pro Pride does sell the hitch parts I need individually, and since their sales manager has gone out of his way to get me in contact with an owner I will give my business to Pro Pride (if I buy something).

Thank you again--fantastic pictures and information. I appreciate it!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine went up no issues with a speed handle.
    Once the distribution bar is under tension, what holds it in place? Does the jack have a way to lock it in place or does the mechanism just stay in place? When you release tension on the weight distribution bar, does the mechanism seem to "run away" or it smooth?

As I said, I'll get to see this myself on Monday but I am extremely curious. Can you please write your impression/critique/experience applying and releasing tension to the weight distribution bar?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    Once the distribution bar is under tension, what holds it in place? Does the jack have a way to lock it in place or does the mechanism just stay in place? When you release tension on the weight distribution bar, does the mechanism seem to "run away" or it smooth?

As I said, I'll get to see this myself on Monday but I am extremely curious. Can you please write your impression/critique/experience applying and releasing tension to the weight distribution bar?
    Howard,
    The jack holds itself in place. You just crank/ use a drill and stop when the correct amount of tension is applied. So far it has been extremely smooth, but mine is brand new. There is no runaway while removing tension, keep in mind these are simply manual tongue jacks.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...keep in mind these are simply manual tongue jacks.
    Sounds like they are perfect for the job. Thanks again for all the info. I'll post the results after my trip on Monday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast