Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question RV Refrigeration Videos

http://rvrefrigeration.com/diy-refrigerator-videos/

Anybody dealt with or have comments on the quality? I've watched a couple and I think I'm learning, but I'm still at the "I don't know what I don't know." point.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven’t used these and at first glance they look helpful, but I have used RV Repair Club. They have some very helpful stuff, even for me and I’ve been around this stuff for a while. They have videos that cover every aspect of RV ownership and even videos on National Parks. Start with the cheapest basic membership. Then, they’ll make you crazy offering you deals on Gold membership - $99/year for about $10 first year. That’s a good deal. Take a look - I think that they are good for newbie and experienced alike.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After watching all of their videos, I can give them a qualified thumbs up.

First, these very nice and knowledgable folks aren't professional presenters, but they are very personable and do a good job getting to the point and showing you what they are telling you.

Information is clear and understandable, but a little on the slow side. I watched most of them at 1.25 or 1.5 speed with no problems. Being a native Kentuckian, I'm used to people taking a while to tell you something, and if you are completely new to the topic their speed will serve you well.

They don't teach you everything you need to know to fix a refrigerator in these videos, but teaching that is their business so you can't expect them to give you that for free.

After watching their videos, I feel much more confident that I can quickly isolate refrigerator issues and wouldn't hesitate to to swap the AC heating element or work on the burner. I'll leave the cooling unit repairs to them, but I'll feel confident I can test the system and KNOW when it needs to go to them.

Well worth watching if you aren't familiar with how they work.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    After watching all of their videos, I can give them a qualified thumbs up.

First, these very nice and knowledgable folks aren't professional presenters, but they are very personable and do a good job getting to the point and showing you what they are telling you.

Information is clear and understandable, but a little on the slow side. I watched most of them at 1.25 or 1.5 speed with no problems. Being a native Kentuckian, I'm used to people taking a while to tell you something, and if you are completely new to the topic their speed will serve you well.

They don't teach you everything you need to know to fix a refrigerator in these videos, but teaching that is their business so you can't expect them to give you that for free.

After watching their videos, I feel much more confident that I can quickly isolate refrigerator issues and wouldn't hesitate to to swap the AC heating element or work on the burner. I'll leave the cooling unit repairs to them, but I'll feel confident I can test the system and KNOW when it needs to go to them.

Well worth watching if you aren't familiar with how they work.
    I remembered your post from the other day when I got this email.

https://www.rvrepairclub.com/class/r...5&vscid=C14605