User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    What do you think about their Silent Ride setup? http://timbren.com/silent-ride/

I sent the company an email asking for more information. I'll post what they send here when I get a response.
    Howard,

Took a look at the this setup and it looks like it could work pretty well. (would be concerned about front axle if the system had the axles mounted lower) I was concerned about binding when the axle articulate side to side but the bushing are metal and rubber so I think that would be ok.

For tandem axle the weight went from 4400 to 7000 so that was quite a jump. Take a look at dimension "b" in the specs., it runs around ~6.5". This is frame to center of axle. Finally got a chance to open up CAD and suspension for my 303RLS dim "b" is near 12" because of the overslung springs.

So basically they won't work to replace suspension with overslung spring unless you added about a 6" spacer to mount it to.

Pat
    Pat&Marlene Gyrogearloose - 2010 Itasca Meridian 34y - 6.7 w/Allison 6spd - Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - previous Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyro Gearloose View Post
    Howard,

Took a look at the this setup and it looks like it could work pretty well. (would be concerned about front axle if the system had the axles mounted lower) I was concerned about binding when the axle articulate side to side but the bushing are metal and rubber so I think that would be ok.

For tandem axle the weight went from 4400 to 7000 so that was quite a jump. Take a look at dimension "b" in the specs., it runs around ~6.5". This is frame to center of axle. Finally got a chance to open up CAD and suspension for my 303RLS dim "b" is near 12" because of the overslung springs.

So basically they won't work to replace suspension with overslung spring unless you added about a 6" spacer to mount it to.

Pat
    If I'm interpreting correctly, that means with the Timbren's installed the trailer will sit 6" lower than it does with the OEM suspension. Wow--that's a huge difference.

Thanks for the informative response.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I'm interpreting correctly, that means with the Timbren's installed the trailer will sit 6" lower than it does with the OEM suspension. Wow--that's a huge difference.

Thanks for the informative response.
    You got it, unless I'm interpreting incorretly.

So we have 6" of extra leverage on our spring hangers because of overslung springs.

It seems most of the Timbren designs try to keep the axle pretty much in line with the frame pivot point when weight is applied. The off road ones have some axle mounting options. The Sti air ride may work, I suspect they customize it to your ride height.

What I like about air ride and the one you showed is the ability to load balance.
    Pat&Marlene Gyrogearloose - 2010 Itasca Meridian 34y - 6.7 w/Allison 6spd - Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - previous Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyro Gearloose View Post
    What I like about air ride and the one you showed is the ability to load balance.
    Exactly what I was thinking--all the work done by Rob (you and others?) to figure out the correct spring strength based on weight bias side-to-side appears to be unnecessary with something like the STi. I have to admit, though, at first glance the STi looks like a huge ol' bullfrog attached to the running gear that's desperately looking for a mate. (In other words, kind of ugly.) Maybe the video is a bad perspective and it won't look as bad from a normal vantage point.

I don't expect an answer from Timbren to my email ("will it work on a 315RLTS?") until sometime later next week.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have to admit, though, at first glance the sti looks like a huge ol' bullfrog attached to the running gear that's desperately looking for a mate. (in other words, kind of ugly.)
    lol..........

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567