User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestCamper View Post
    Nice that you see this too. I run Rt 23 commonly to and from Ohio on the weekends and when the folks return to U of M from Ohio they are the ones holding up traffic in the left lane. I'm not a big speeder but its common Michigan speeds to be running 75-80 where some run higher. Either do it or move over. When I see these folks coming up behind me I MOVE OVER. To be the speed enforcer in the left lane only creates an unsafe condition here. Also, Police here are not revenuers where they will not bother anyone running up to 79mph.
    Actually there is a law in MI saying the left lane is for passing only and you must move to the right if blocking traffic. It does not say anything about how fast you may be going. If blocking traffic you have to move to the right. Many states have the same law.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I’ve rarely had any of the issues mentioned above, when towing through Texas, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, Idaho, Oregon, or Washington.
    But I have experienced all of it when I’m towing through California. Those people are the worst drivers I’ve ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    I’ve rarely had any of the issues mentioned above, when towing through Texas, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, Idaho, Oregon, or Washington.
    But I have experienced all of it when I’m towing through California. Those people are the worst drivers I’ve ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hey, Ed. I've lived in Washington my entire adult life and would like to defend my state's honor. We have to be running neck and neck with CA. They can't always be #1 .
    Changing lanes in heavy traffic- if the turn signal is used any available gap will quickly close. The swoop and dive with signal at the last possible moment seems to work best. Want to get by a gomer when a passing lane presents itself? Prepare to find out how fast your vehicle will go. Want to use the left lane to pass slower traffic? See how skillfully the guy in the right lane matches speed with the guy in front of you. Drop back into the right lane behind Mr./Mrs./Ms/ Blocker because they are now achieving speed limit+? Watch as that speed slowly resumes its previous level. And dealing with a merging driver? That's a no win situation when towing. Holding your speed until Mr./Mrs./Ms. Oblivious nearly hits you, lays on his or her horn and runs off onto the shoulder results in an angry DW creating cabin tension for several miles. I admit to a small kernel of silent satisfaction here but it's not worth it. I usually slow down to make a space and piss off the guy behind me. I always grin when I'm reminded I'm #1 .

So Ed, I'll see your California and raise you a Washington.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the worst drivers I have ever seen are in Utah. They either go 10 under or 15 over. Turn signals? Forget about it. It gets worse on Sunday after church lets out. They all seem to have to be texting or talking on their phones.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a snowbird who winters in SW Florida. Here's my observations of Fl drivers: 1) Signal lights are never to be used, you know which way you're gonna turn! 2) Exception to #1 - It's OK to turn a signal light on, but you must leave it on all day. You'll turn that direction sooner or later! 3) When the traffic light turns red only 3 more cars can pass through. 4) Speed limits are just suggestions, usually 15-20 mph over the limit is just right to keep up with the flow of traffic. 5) Trailer lights must NEVER be used! 6) Exception to rule #5 - It is permissible to have one trailer light that blinks randomly for no apparent reason.

UPDATE: Today I talked to a Lee County Sheriff who informed me that Florida law does NOT require use of signal lights when making turns! Really?
    Last edited by Bill Davey; 01-29-2019 at 06:14 PM.
    2017 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS, purchased April 2018. 2014 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel (I need a bigger truck!). Oswego NY in the summer, Ft. Myers Beach, Fl in the winter. GD is my summer home. Previously owned: 2015 Rockwood 2604WS; 2012 KZ Stoneridge 43' toy hauler; 2005 Titanium 39' toy hauler.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
    I think the worst drivers I have ever seen are in Utah. They either go 10 under or 15 over. Turn signals? Forget about it. It gets worse on Sunday after church lets out. They all seem to have to be texting or talking on their phones.
    The next time I see someone texting and driving, I'm gonna roll down my window and throw my beer at 'em!!
    2017 Solitude 384GK
    2012 F350 Lariat
    Pullrite Superglide 18K

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ted,
    You'll be out of beer in no time

Cheers,
    Kevin
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tedzz9 View Post
    The next time I see someone texting and driving, I'm gonna roll down my window and throw my beer at 'em!!
    Maybe keep a half rack of Keystone Light on board for ammo. Don't want to waste the good stuff!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Davey View Post
    I'm a snowbird who winters in SW Florida. Here's my observations of Fl drivers: 1) Signal lights are never to be used, you know which way you're gonna turn! 2) Exception to #1 - It's OK to turn a signal light on, but you must leave it on all day. You'll turn that direction sooner or later! 3) When the traffic light turns red only 3 more cars can pass through. 4) Speed limits are just suggestions, usually 15-20 mph over the limit is just right to keep up with the flow of traffic. 5) Trailer lights must NEVER be used! 6) Exception to rule #5 - It is permissible to have one trailer light that blinks randomly for no apparent reason.
    The three car rule has been in effect here in SW Florida for decades.
    David and Vicki and 21 month old Springer Spaniel Sadie
    2019 Silverado LTZ 2500HD Crew Cab Short Bed Duramax/Allison stock
    2023 Reflection 150 series 226RK
    B&W Companion 16K on rails EezTire TPMS

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know about other states but in CA the quality of driver has taken a nose dive since taking Drivers Ed out of the schools. School instructors wanted to try and produce good drivers. Now driving schools just want to push them through and move on to the next one.

I think if they started making the driving schools somehow financially responsible for their students for a year or so (tickets, accidents, etc) they would take a lot more care in who graduates and the quality of driver would increase significantly!
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast