User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since we're venting...following a driver doing 50 on a two lane road, come upon a passing lane & you go to pass. You guessed it, you get next to them & they speed up. then they slow back down when the lane ends.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backtrack2015 View Post
    My interstate peeve is left-lane drivers. Pass and then move back to the right once you have a suitable spacing. Peeve number two is folks going well under the limit who don’t pull over and let traffic pass on twisty two-lane roads. Peeve number three is folks who speed up while I’m passing them. Luckily these things only happen constantly.
    That sounds like my list as well. I'll add one more...

Peeve #4 - People who STOP when approaching a traffic circle rather than merging into the circle.

I've always told my wife I could never be a truck driver. I'd have a stroke dealing with the masses of horrible, inconsiderate and distracted drivers day after day. No way. I wouldn't last a month.

BTW, I learned years ago to pass every last car I can on a passing lane regardless of how fast they're going because they always drop 10-20mph after the passing lane ends. I got burned too many times on that one.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gronk1 View Post
    Since we're venting...following a driver doing 50 on a two lane road, come upon a passing lane & you go to pass. You guessed it, you get next to them & they speed up. then they slow back down when the lane ends.
    You hit my nerve on this one. Not much more that I want to do then get to rubbin at that point. I guess they would definitely qualify for darts at that point
    JD
    :boink:
    2019 367BHS
    2018 3500 Silverado SRW Diesel
    B&W turnover with Companion

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tedzz9 View Post
    About how to use the factory installed blinkers in the vehicle !!!!
    (almost had a Prius hood ornament)
    Rant over
    Ted
    We moved to Tennessee, not long after moving I commented to TN natives that TN vehicles were built to different standards than the rest of the US. Really they said? I replied yes, they are not built with turn signals!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gronk1 View Post
    My pet peeve is this same situation on a multi lane highway. I need to move left (maybe for an emergency vehicle on the shoulder . . . which is the law) so, I find a gap and signal. As I move, the car in the left lane accelerates to block my lane change. In what state do they teach blocking lane changes as part of driver training .

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    In what state do they teach blocking lane changes as part of driver training .
    CA and OR for sure.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    My peeve is driving in the right lane of the interstate and having someone coming down the on ramp and they make no attempt to alter their speed to either pull in front of you or get behind you. I leave the cruise control set and leave that up to them. I have seen more than one car run out off on ramp and end up in the grass.

Regarding the bourbon, the stainless steel mugs with lids may help prevent spills, but there is a slight metallic taste that interferes. There is nothing like drinking from a decent glass; so hard breaking is reserved for real emergencies.
    This move really shakes up the wife. At times we will have to speed up, brake or maintain speed. Some folks really become confused while entering the interstate and cannot understand they have the more agile vehicle. Makes me want to do a double of Red Breast.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    My pet peeve is this same situation on a multi lane highway. I need to move left (maybe for an emergency vehicle on the shoulder . . . which is the law) so, I find a gap and signal. As I move, the car in the left lane accelerates to block my lane change. In what state do they teach blocking lane changes as part of driver training .

Rob
    Rob,
    This is a disease in Ohio. I am from Ohio so no bashing but its true. I actually purchased a Valentine One specifically for passing (non-towing) in Ohio when they speed up. When towing, many times I play cat and mouse for miles passing back and forth while I am on cruise control at a constant speed between 60-65. This is in regard to passing other RVs. Left lane loitering is another issue in Ohio, where they recently passed a law against this but they do not enforce it.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TNFSolitude View Post
    Another Michiganian here, spouting off about the Ohio drivers need to do less than the speed limit in the fast lane of I75. I live in Monroe County so I see it constantly. Folks, you won't get pulled over just because you have Ohio plates. Doing a few over will NOT result in a speeding ticket just because you are from Ohio. That's enough of a burden to bear.
    Nice that you see this too. I run Rt 23 commonly to and from Ohio on the weekends and when the folks return to U of M from Ohio they are the ones holding up traffic in the left lane. I'm not a big speeder but its common Michigan speeds to be running 75-80 where some run higher. Either do it or move over. When I see these folks coming up behind me I MOVE OVER. To be the speed enforcer in the left lane only creates an unsafe condition here. Also, Police here are not revenuers where they will not bother anyone running up to 79mph.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i 2nd that

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast