User Tag List

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pullrite Superglide question

I like my hitch very much as it takes away all the thoughts of busting out my rear window but I do have one issue.

When not towing the Superglide wants to travel up and down it's rails under acceleration and braking. Is there a way to lock it into place when not in use?

-jeff
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeff
    You can find the user manuals on pullrite web site and download them.
    On mine, there is a bolt that put some pressure on the head in the front towards the cab. Loosen the nut and adjust this in slightly, then re tighten the nut. This also help in hitching up so the head of the hitch does not turn and turn to the right or left.
    The bolt does not need to be super tight either.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Superduty View Post
    Jeff
    You can find the user manuals on pullrite web site and download them.
    On mine, there is a bolt that put some pressure on the head in the front towards the cab. Loosen the nut and adjust this in slightly, then re tighten the nut. This also help in hitching up so the head of the hitch does not turn and turn to the right or left.
    The bolt does not need to be super tight either.
    I had the manual, just not the knowledge of how it might be adjusted to prevent my issue. Thanks.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problem Jeff. Glad to help out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JColeman View Post
    I like my hitch very much as it takes away all the thoughts of busting out my rear window but I do have one issue.

When not towing the Superglide wants to travel up and down it's rails under acceleration and braking. Is there a way to lock it into place when not in use?

-jeff
    Jeff - if you find that the adjustment suggested by superduty doesn't work.... pivot the hitch head all the way one way or the other. Then hook a tie down ratchet strap from the head to a tie down point in the truck bed. The hitch will move all the way back and stay there.
    2017 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS, purchased April 2018. 2014 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel (I need a bigger truck!). Oswego NY in the summer, Ft. Myers Beach, Fl in the winter. GD is my summer home. Previously owned: 2015 Rockwood 2604WS; 2012 KZ Stoneridge 43' toy hauler; 2005 Titanium 39' toy hauler.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeff,
    See this photo. It’s the threaded nut/screw you tightenAttachment 16555

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had to adjust this twice since I've owned this hitch. I used the quarter turn the first time and after several trips, it loosened up enough to slide unloaded and I just did a half turn the next time and it has never been a problem since.
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2006 Chev 2500HD Duramax CC/SB/4X4
    Superglide2700 Bakflip F1

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JColeman View Post

-jeff
    Jeff - Steve is right on.....this is all you need to do. Early on in 2014 for us after ours banged back on a turn and acceleration (not towing, of course) folks here then (and reading the manual more closely) covered this. I also learned that having this adjustment really snug eliminated the occasional mild hitch noise when braking and accelerating when towing. Tighten the adjustment bolt snug enough where it is hard for you to center the hitch from left or right when sliding on the tubes by hand. I have adjusted ours a couple times each season depending on miles and road conditions. Keep your tubes cleaned and well lubricated (tops and insides) with, yes, WD40 as the manual suggests.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What pin box do you have? I have a 3500HD with a SuperGlide and RotaFlex pin box. I'm having a nose condition on the 5er to maintain clearance, and if I lower the pin box I will be risking the the truck bed again.