User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Westlake tire warranty

After trying to research the pages and pages of issues with Westlake tires and find a thread that talks about the warranty I got tired of reading and just decided to ask. Has anyone tryed to get any type of compensation from Westlake for failure of their tires during the warranty period? And how did that go?

My Westlakes are just over 14 months old, less than 20,000 miles and three of the four have signs of failure (lumps in the tread which would indicate tread or belt separation). I am not waiting for them to fail and am replacing them now, however in reading the warranty information Westlake wants the tires sent in to be inspected with weight tickets and other info before they will even consider compensation. Don't want to waste my time if their answer has been, sorry but it's not our tires fault, to any or all others that have tried.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t have any firsthand experience on this but I do remember some talk of folks having new Westlake tires sent to them as I am sure that is how the parent company has agreed to handle warranty claims. I believe the warranty is 5 years. The parent company is Lionshead Specialty Wheel & Tire. It is likely that the rims on your rig are made by them as well. Good luck. http://lionsheadtireandwheel.com/ST-Tires
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a screenshot of the requirements for a warranty claim it seems relatively simple. No mention of weight sheets, etc.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	462079A0-6F86-4D3E-A2AA-74158D7B5193.png 
Views:	34 
Size:	369.7 KB 
ID:	16560. If you go to the bottom of the page at the link I sent in the previous post you will find this. Good luck!
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had an "imperfection/flatspot" on a Westlake tire and they sent me a new one. At the time, GD was my initial contact then LionsHead contacted me for a picture. They then sent me a new tire. (it was ultimately sold with the rest on Craigs list) It was around a year old.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When my Westlake let loose I filed a warranty claim and received around $230 for 2 tires. I then spent around 2k for new G614's all the way around. And the insurance company paid out $3600 for repairs to the side of my trailer.

Lionshead was ok to work with. I would have preferred they pay for collateral damage, but they said that is not their policy. The roadside service had taken the blown tires away, but I had taken copious pictures before they left. Fortunately for me the roadside guy knew the business so he put the pertinent information on the bill.

Lionshead required the following information:
    o Tire Warranty Claims
     A complete Lionshead Tire and Wheel Warranty Claim Form.
     Photo of each tire’s DOT and Date Code
     Photo of each tire’s defect
     Photo of each tire’s brand and size
     An official document showing the trailer’s date of purchase and VIN number

You take the pictures, fill out the form and email it to
    Warranty Contact: Brenda Speicher
     Email: [email protected]
     Phone: 574-533-6169
     Fax: 574-533-6761

It may have changed, this was 11-2017

This is a pretty convincing photo of tire failure.

Name:	IMG_20171128_162154576.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	16561

And I think this picture helped convince them that I was pretty serious about pursuing my claim.

Name:	IMG_20171128_152029542.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	16562
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you very helpful.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    When my Westlake let loose I filed a warranty claim and received around $230 for 2 tires. I then spent around 2k for new G614's all the way around. And the insurance company paid out $3600 for repairs to the side of my trailer.

Lionshead was ok to work with. I would have preferred they pay for collateral damage, but they said that is not their policy. The roadside service had taken the blown tires away, but I had taken copious pictures before they left. Fortunately for me the roadside guy knew the business so he put the pertinent information on the bill.

Lionshead required the following information:
    o Tire Warranty Claims
     A complete Lionshead Tire and Wheel Warranty Claim Form.
     Photo of each tire’s DOT and Date Code
     Photo of each tire’s defect
     Photo of each tire’s brand and size
     An official document showing the trailer’s date of purchase and VIN number

You take the pictures, fill out the form and email it to
    Warranty Contact: Brenda Speicher
     Email: [email protected]
     Phone: 574-533-6169
     Fax: 574-533-6761

It may have changed, this was 11-2017

This is a pretty convincing photo of tire failure.

Name:	IMG_20171128_162154576.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	16561

And I think this picture helped convince them that I was pretty serious about pursuing my claim.

Name:	IMG_20171128_152029542.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	16562
    Omg. That’s awful. Glad I went to sailuns. Dealer tires telling me the west lakes are the best tire for my TT. What a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 GMC 3500HD
    2021 Montana High Country 385BR
    2018 GMC 2500 HD (Traded in)
    2019 GD312BHTS (written off by fallen tree RIP)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad1383 View Post
    Dealer tires telling me the west lakes are the best tire for my TT.
    I think the Westlakes would be fine in many situations. Folks that only load the trailer for the weekend and travel less than 200 miles to their destination should never have any trouble with them. I am an RV abuser, in the long run it pays for me to get the best that I can afford.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m sure the west lakes work for people under certain situations but my gripe is my dealer trying to tell me this e rated tire is the best out there.

2021 GMC 3500HD
    2021 Montana High Country 385BR
    2018 GMC 2500 HD (Traded in)
    2019 GD312BHTS (written off by fallen tree RIP)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad1383 View Post
    I’m sure the west lakes work for people under certain situations but my gripe is my dealer trying to tell me this e rated tire is the best out there.

The Westlake part is certainly not true, at least from anectodal evidence. However--as I mentioned in the thread you started when you were at the dealer, a "good" (aka Goodyear) E-rated tire is the right tire for your 312, Chad. I'm still worried you've got too stiff of a tire with the Gs inflated to 110psi. I was hoping to read a follow up on the other thread (I suggested you call Sailun to ask about air pressures).

I'll be quiet from this point forward--if I've been too aggressive on this topic I apologize. It is your trailer, your tires, your choice.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast