User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the halogen headlights and I agree they are pretty pitiful (although I think they look nice). Full suite of cameras is worth the money. Blind-spot monitor indicator is hard to see. Lane departure warning feels cheap to me (and picks up alternate "lines") so I turned it off. Factory spray-in liner is nice (and relatively light) but adds to the build time (offsite vendor). Definitely get the 5600# or higher front axle if you're getting a CCSB diesel to tow a fifth-wheel (you can always swap down to 5200# springs). The 5200# axle isn't an issue for travel-trailers as you can "reload" the front axle via the equalizers to taste. Frame-mounted fuel filter change is really easy... just need to drain it first as per the instructions (I've changed mine without issue).
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Worked w/ my dealer yesterday and I'm expecting a quote Monday and likely will put a deposit down. Below is what I'm ordering (to pull a Solitude). Any misses or suggestions before I sign? Thanks!

F-350/Lariat/CC/8'box/Diesel/DRW
    4x4/FX4/3.55 limited slip
    Lariat Ultimate pkg
    Tow Tech Pkg
    Spray in bedliner
    5th wheel prep pkg
    Moonroof
    Block heater
    BLIS
    Adaptive cruise
    Rapid cap heater
    Vehicle safe
    Upfitter switches
    White w/ black interior
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbsah View Post
    Worked w/ my dealer yesterday and I'm expecting a quote Monday and likely will put a deposit down. Below is what I'm ordering (to pull a Solitude). Any misses or suggestions before I sign? Thanks!

Lariat Ultimate pkg
    Tow Tech Pkg
    Spray in bedliner
    5th wheel prep pkg
    Moonroof
    Block heater
    BLIS
    Adaptive cruise
    Rapid cap heater
    Vehicle safe
    Upfitter switches
    White w/ black interior
    I have a 2017 with almost the same specs and I love it. In 2017, the moonroof was part of the ultimate package, but I would pass on it if it was an option. It adds considerable weight, is subject to leaks and I rarely use it.

Not sure what is in the tow tech package, now, but I don't think some of the features work with fivers.

Hope you enjoy the truck as much as I have. Rides like a dream and has all the power you could ever want. Really a treat to drive (and it should be for the price).
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's the description of the Tow Tech: "Make the task of towing easier with adaptive steering, automatic high beams with rain-sensing windshield wipers, lane-keeping alert, and Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera System (includes 360-degree camera plus center high-mount stop lamp camera)." Basically 7 cameras (although I realize I probably won't use all of them).

We were back/forth on the moonroof - thanks for the comments; Wonder what others think. . . .?
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were also back/forth on the vehicle console safe. We don't carry guns. Maybe use for other valuables - then again, if someone breaks into the cab, we've already got problems. . . .

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's the description of the Tow Tech: "Make the task of towing easier with adaptive steering, automatic high beams with rain-sensing windshield wipers, lane-keeping alert, and Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera System (includes 360-degree camera plus center high-mount stop lamp camera)." Basically 7 cameras (although I realize I probably won't use all of them).

We were back/forth on the moonroof - thanks for the comments; Wonder what others think. . . .?
    I'd skip the moon roof option too. I've never used mine in the 2.5yrs I've owned the truck. The moonroof drains did get clogged and caused a leak in the truck; fixed under warranty.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered a 2018 F350 a year ago because I couldn't find what I wanted on dealer lots anywhere. There were quite a few features I wanted, and some I simply wasn't willing to pay for, like heated rear seats. No kids, 2 dogs. They don't need heated seats.

I got the Lariat Ultimate, Tow Tech, FX4, Camper, Spray in bedliner, 5th/Goose Prep, BLIS, LED headlights, LED clearance lights, Power Running Boards without the sun/moon roof.

I haven't towed my 5er with it yet, but have spent a couple thousand miles towing a 10k gooseneck through CO and have 13k total on the truck. Previous to this truck I had an 01 7.3 for 10+ years, and my daily driver going into this truck was an Infiniti Q50. The new truck is really a hybrid of the two. All the tech and comfort of the Infiniti, and incredible towing ability. I could've added the adaptive cruise, and probably should have, but I've lived for almost 40 years without it.

Towing with these trucks is a freaking dream. The exhaust brake makes descents super easy, I don't have to use my brakes at all to maintain speed on WB I-70 going down Eisenhower and Vail. The camera system makes it easy to hook up trailers and to park. I DD my current truck quite a bit so being able to park it is huge. It's crazy comfortable, even empty. Gobs of power.

The LED lights are a must IMO. I'm in the process of fitting the rest of my vehicles with them as well, and will likely even add an LED light bar to my truck on an upfitter as I will be driving a lot of backcountry dirt roads at night.

Mine's Magnetic with Black Leather Interior, and the ventilated seats are nice too on hot days.

The ONLY beef I really have with my truck is that the trailer backup assist thing only applies to bumper pulls, but that's on me for not reading enough of the fine print.

I skipped the console vault too, just takes up too much room.
    2019 Reflection 150 260RD - 2018 Ford F350
    Rest of the fleet: 95 Grand Cherokee with a lot of stuff, 15 JKU Rubicon with less stuff, 98 5.9 Grand Cherokee with a little stuff

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the moon roof. Hard to say if I would get one again. I do enjoy it when I use it, but I usually only use it spring and fall. To hot in summer to have it open and to cold in winter.
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lariat Ultimate pkg
    Tow Tech Pkg
    Spray in bedliner
    5th wheel prep pkg
    Moonroof
    Block heater
    BLIS
    Adaptive cruise
    Rapid cap heater
    Vehicle safe
    Upfitter switches
    White w/ black interior

This is just my opinion, I ordered my 2017 to get just what I wanted.
    - I skipped the moon roof for the reasons listed (leaks, cost, did not think I would use it much, and a little bit of weight - I think it adds 75#)
    - I have the factory spray in bed liner. I like a bed liner, but I was surprised how slick "slippery" it is . Things slide around. If I were to do it again, I would go with a less slippery after market spray in liner for about the same price.
    - I have the BLIS/cross traffic. The cross traffic is nice backing out of a parking spot, but that is it. The BLIS does not work with 5th wheels. I lie and configure my Solitude as a TT and it sort of works, but only if a vehicle is right on my rear bumper. No warning if a car is beside the trailers. Even without the trailer, the BLIS gives no warning of a car coming up behind you, only once it is beside you. On the plus side, the mirrors are GREAT and I do not use the BLIS at all. I would not sped the money on it again. Note: My wife's 2017 Fusion has a different version of BLIS and it works great, just not the version in the Super Duty.

- Absolutely get the "ultimate trailer tow camera system" package, whether in the Tow tech package or stand alone. The 360 aerial view and other cameras (front and rear) are fantastic for parking and maneuvering in tight quarters. Note: In spite of the name, this has NOTHING to do with the trailer.

Chris
    Last edited by CoChris; 02-18-2019 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Cleaned up some grammar
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another option on worth what you paid for it

I bought a 2017 F350 off the lot. 2 years later I traded it in on an ordered F350 after learning what I missed and what I didn’t need. Mind you this is a SRW not a DRW.

My 17 had HD front springs and 3.55 elocker. I ordered my 19 with standard springs and 3.31 elocker. The 19 rides better and doesn’t have the wandering that my 17 had.

I don’t ever want another sunroof. Rarely used them when I had them and I sucked when I left it open overnight when it rained hard all night. It ruined the leather and carpets on my Expedition. It was an expensive insurance claim.

BLIS In the Superduty is primative. It only flashes a light in the side view mirrors and no audible alert like my Nissan and Lexus does.

Bedliner- im a big fan of Bedrug Bedliner. Not sure if I had a typical 5th wheel hitch how it would work but it works fine with my Andersen 5th wheel hitch. I just needed to cut a flap out for the gooseball. In fact I removed my Bedrug from my 17 and installed it in my 2019.

Lariat Ultimate is a must.

Had Extended Running boards on my 17, ordered Power running boards on the 19 and love them.

Adaptive Cruise is a stand alone option on the Lariat SRW even with Ultimate pkg. it’s worth it. I don’t believe it’s part of any package on the DRW. Check to see

Lastly, LED lighting is a big improvement over the standard headlights and taillights.
    Last edited by Jerryr; 02-17-2019 at 03:21 PM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast