Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Propane Regulator ???

On our last short outing I notice refrigerator was not working on LP. Check stove top and sure enough no gas. When I got home, checked regulator and it showed green. Then I changed lever and it was still green but no gas at stove. I then disconnected both tanks but indicator remained green. I have also made sure tanks had gas, checked by weight and with a fish cooker direct to tank. The question, is the regulator bad or could there be something else I am overlooking? By the way, this is a 2018 reflection 303RLS that is about 6 months old.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to replace the passenger side regulator on our 303rls. I walked by and could smell propane. Changed out the regulator and no more propane leak. The answer is yes it could be bad. Unless the safety valve is tripped from turning on your tanks to quickly. Try turning them back on very slowly so the safety valve doesn't get a rush of propane making the valve think there is a leak. It will reset automatically.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks ksbowman I didn't put that in original post , but I did try both bottles a couple of times.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob&Pat View Post
    On our last short outing I notice refrigerator was not working on LP. Check stove top and sure enough no gas. When I got home, checked regulator and it showed green. Then I changed lever and it was still green but no gas at stove. I then disconnected both tanks but indicator remained green. I have also made sure tanks had gas, checked by weight and with a fish cooker direct to tank. The question, is the regulator bad or could there be something else I am overlooking? By the way, this is a 2018 reflection 303RLS that is about 6 months old.
    Had to replace the propane regulator on my 297RSTS. While doing my pre-departure check list I found I had no propane flow. Made sure the tanks were full and the valves were opened slowly. Issue cured by replacing the regulator
    2018 297RSTS
    2018 GMC Denali HD

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Propane regulators today are of very poor quality. I've had a couple go out on my gas grill. See no reason they wouldn't go out in my RV too. Replacements are easy to find.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my new 29RS the regulator does switch when a tank empties but the indicator shows 1/2 red and 1/2 green. Is this normal?

Don
    Linda & Don & Patches (the wicked step-dog)
    Morton
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2018 Ram Crew Cab 6.4L HEMI, SRW 2wd
    Anderson Ultimate hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guess I will get a new regulator. I felt the regulator was probably the problem, just wanted to see if there may have been something I overlooked.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anybody out there is aware of a manufacturer that produces quality regulators, please speak up. I have had several of these units go bad.
    Gordo Fuchs
    Northfield, Ohio 44067
    2015 305RE Moryde I/S, Electric/hydraulic disc brakes
    2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have LP gas flowing to my water heater and furnace but no LP to the stove or frig? Is there diverter valve under the 5th wheel? 2018 GD 29RS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BJVERHEYEN View Post
    I have LP gas flowing to my water heater and furnace but no LP to the stove or frig? Is there diverter valve under the 5th wheel? 2018 GD 29RS
    Underneath the kitchen slide , at the back end of the slide there is a propane quick connect , this has a valve on it and must be turned off. The valve is attached to the frame.

Brian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast