User Tag List

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Way Off is right

Since all fossil fuels can be “eliminated” within 10 years, I guess we’ll all be parking our RVs and driving to them in our electric cars. Quick, reserve your prime location now, while you still can. How will that impact commerce and transportation of goods?
    GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I predict that the future power for our RV's will be solar. We will drive 2 miles then park for 3 days to recharge. Gonna need a lot more RV parks.
    Linda & Don & Patches (the wicked step-dog)
    Morton
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2018 Ram Crew Cab 6.4L HEMI, SRW 2wd
    Anderson Ultimate hitch

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will be a while before we go 100% electric but electric makes sense for local commute.

We have been driving hybrids for 13 years and fully electric cars for 4 years now. Fully electric cars are amazing. It meets 95% of our driving needs at home.

Besides my F350 Diesel the other 2 cars in my driveway are a Lexus Hybrid and a Nissan Electric.

This is our current daily driver.

Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love electric cars, they make the power companies I invest in more money. Think of all the lithium batteries that we will have to deal with in junk yards for the next couple of generations. Good for RV use, not so good for the environment but hey...electric!
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a website that I like to visit for another perspective on the facts behind the main stream media scare mongering. Often using the same raw data that the MSM has "mis-interpreted". https://wattsupwiththat.com

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Volvo is working on a cabless truck for transport. Ford just revealed the F-visuin which will be a driverless truck and even Thor is working on one that will haul 80,000 #s . Of course Tesla is already testing their electric semi now.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a really good link! Thanks for posting it
    Bob and Linda
    2018 Ram 2500 LH
    2019 Imagine 2600RB
    Prescott

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JColeman View Post
    I love electric cars, they make the power companies I invest in more money. Think of all the lithium batteries that we will have to deal with in junk yards for the next couple of generations. Good for RV use, not so good for the environment but hey...electric!
    I don't see how the grid will be able to keep up if there is a mass movement into electric cars. Charging a Tesla can take anywhere from 30 to 80 amps, what will happen to all these neighborhoods with 10 or 12 homes on a 50KVA transformer? Solar might help but it has a long way to go.