User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, stock wheels are usually the key. Aftermarket always seem to push the wheels out. The 295's are about a 1/2" bigger around, so a 1/4" in each direction. Looking at the clearance I have now they should clear though it would be close.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by warsw1 View Post
    I have had the Michelin Defenders in all kinds of conditions. My experience differs a little from Nuffsaid. What I have found is that they do really well in the rain, on hard pack snow and on ice. They even do pretty well off road if the conditions are dry. Where they don't do well is in deep snow or any kind of mud. The siping seems to help a lot in some conditions but because of the lack of a more open tread they just don't do well when things get deep.
    Randy,
    I would expect this on the Defenders since the Michelin M/S tires on my last truck did very well except for the deepest snow on grades. I learned that auto 4x4 will get you stuck with the street tread. Using 4x4 lock...they worked well for me. I had the Defenders on the streets during this last snow storm in Michigan and they performed well. I would not go mudding in these tires.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234