User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suggestions for new towing tires for my 2500 HD

So I have a set of 305 wide nitto terra grapplers for spring/summer/fall driving on aftermarket wheels. I want to use my original rims for winter driving but also to swap out for long haul driving in RV season.

Any suggestions. I was looking at a set of BFG K02s but not sure they would be appropriate for longer haul hwy driving. Or I can go with what GMC puts on the truck normally which is a Michelin LTX AT2 tire.

So these tires would go on my stock 18” rims. Long story short the dealer stored my original wheels and tires and now can’t find them so I essentially can pick what ever tires I want to go back on the stock wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 GMC 3500HD
    2021 Montana High Country 385BR
    2018 GMC 2500 HD (Traded in)
    2019 GD312BHTS (written off by fallen tree RIP)

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you use the search function above, there are dozens and dozens of threads on this topic. There are also almost as many opinions. The Michelin Defenders are one of the most popular choices. We also got excellent performance and service from the OEM General Grabbers that came on our F-350. We replaced them with the Defenders when the time came, though.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big Michelin fan. I've never found a better tire. I put a set of BFG ATs on one of my trucks one time and they wrecked the ride. Instantly regretted it. I just don't think you can go wrong, ride wise or for longevity with Michelins. It's all I will put on any of my vehicles.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just put on Firestone TransForce , they seem to be pretty good so far only about 1000 miles. I think they are better than the factory Michelin's.

Brian

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big Michelin fan here as well. I've used their high performance tires on our Z06, low rolling resistance tires on our Econo-car, HD tires on our trucks, etc. The only thing I don't use them on is our RV because they don't make a load range G 16" trailer tire.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad1383 View Post
    I want to use my original rims for winter driving but also to swap out for long haul driving in RV season.
    With this in mind, I would look at the Nitto Ridge Grappler.

I have them on my truck, and I find that the traction is pretty good in winter (hybrid tread pattern) and they still tow well without th e "wiggle" that some AT tires give.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Running the ridge grapplers now and I’m very impressed with them. Thanks for the comment. I only have 6k miles on them but so far they are great no noise. Wasn’t sure how good they would be on long hwy runs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 GMC 3500HD
    2021 Montana High Country 385BR
    2018 GMC 2500 HD (Traded in)
    2019 GD312BHTS (written off by fallen tree RIP)

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am just about to turn 40,000 miles on my Michelin LTX AT2 tires that came with my Ford. The way they are wearing, I'll be surprised if I don't get 60K before I have to replace them.

Jim

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    I am just about to turn 40,000 miles on my Michelin LTX AT2 tires that came with my Ford. The way they are wearing, I'll be surprised if I don't get 60K before I have to replace them.

Jim
    Same tire on my truck. I have 43,000 mostly towing and I'm thinking the same thing. Should be good to 60,000. I rotate them about every 6,000 miles or so when my oil changes are due. My 2005 Dodge came with the General Grabbers and I could only get 40,000 out of them. My dad once got over 90,000 miles out of a set of those highway ribbed Michelins on his Ford F-250 diesel...and he used it to tow and put a cabover camper on it occasionally.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I run Ridge Grapplers on my Jeep and they are great tires. On my old truck, I installed Nitto's Exo Grapplers based on advice from Nitto. I did some long haul towing with my old trailer and they performed flawlessly. They also have a higher load rating than the same size Ridge Grappler. I'll be putting them on the new truck when the time comes.

John

https://www.nittotire.com/light-truc...ht-truck-tire/
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast