User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We ordered our Solitude with the generator prep kit. We did not get a generator. Kept the box in the front compartment. Use it to store the grill, propane bottle, portable campfire inside it . Store extra stuff on top and around it , keep things from moving.

John Joscelyne
    John & Carol Joscelyne and Hexy
    Red 2014 Ford F-350 Platinum, SRW, CC, Short bed with roll-N-lock cover.
    With replacement 50 gallon TransferFlow fuel tank, Magnaflow air intake, Edge CT turner.
    Pullrite superglide fifth wheel hitch.
    2015 Grand Design 305RE Solitude, with slide out toppers, <new>Titan disc brakes and Goodyear "G" rated tires.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gen prepparts

Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    It includes the fire box, wiring, control panel, and auto transfer switch.

If you add the gen set, you will need to tie into LP lines on te Solitude and add an exhaust pipe.

Makes adding a gen set after the fact much cheaper for you.
    Huntr70
    Can you get the parts?
    I have a 2021 380 fo
    Thanks
    John

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Metrojd View Post
    Huntr70
    Can you get the parts?
    I have a 2021 380 fo
    Thanks
    John
    I returned your email.....you would need to call and talk to Part's/Service.

I can't get anything through my Sale's channels.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank You!
    I will call this week.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those of you considering the Onan generator. Because I am. And it was going to be the 5550 with LP as fuel. Since it will be done within a couple of months from now I was quoted $6500 plus. Plus the taxes. That includes the labor for hooking it up. I don't know if I have the transfer switch or not and they didn't say. And they never said that the wiring from the inside the coach on the main control panel where you would start it and turn it off, if it has been pre-wired to where the generator would sit in the main front compartment. I would like to do it myself to save a grand but there are some variables that I don't know.
    Would that be a fair price or a little high?
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD LTZ
    2022 Grand Design Solitude 280 RK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Amy4805 View Post
    For those of you considering the Onan generator. Because I am. And it was going to be the 5550 with LP as fuel. Since it will be done within a couple of months from now I was quoted $6500 plus. Plus the taxes. That includes the labor for hooking it up. I don't know if I have the transfer switch or not and they didn't say. And they never said that the wiring from the inside the coach on the main control panel where you would start it and turn it off, if it has been pre-wired to where the generator would sit in the main front compartment. I would like to do it myself to save a grand but there are some variables that I don't know.
    Would that be a fair price or a little high?
    This is an old thread, so you may not get responses from some that posted. If you have the firebox up front that the Genny sets in, then you have the “Genny prep” package with the control wiring, transfer switch, junction box for 120V wiring, cutouts marked, etc. As long as you buy the generator that the prep job is made for, it’s not a bad job if you have some background in that type of work. Not sure on price.
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMagelitz View Post
    This is an old thread, so you may not get responses from some that posted. If you have the firebox up front that the Genny sets in, then you have the “Genny prep” package with the control wiring, transfer switch, junction box for 120V wiring, cutouts marked, etc. As long as you buy the generator that the prep job is made for, it’s not a bad job if you have some background in that type of work. Not sure on price.
    Thank you for the update and thank you kindly
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD LTZ
    2022 Grand Design Solitude 280 RK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12