User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Howard. Just a small shot of "Great Stuff" expanding foam will fill that hole. And it can be removed later if need be. You can get it at any home improvement store.

Jim

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I figured some angry critters had already gotten to mine by the hole's look.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0330.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	17000
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkims View Post
    I figured some angry critters had already gotten to mine by the hole's look.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0330.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	17000
    Wow--that space behind yours is quite narrow compared to the canyon behind the 315's fireplace. With a little modification the fireplace could be on a rack slider and I could put a safe back there! (Wrong side of the camper to put more weight, though, darn it.)
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    Howard. Just a small shot of "Great Stuff" expanding foam will fill that hole. And it can be removed later if need be. You can get it at any home improvement store.

Jim
    Hi Howard,

Exterior access holes with wiring, pipes or propane lines are supposed to be sealed with silicone. That wiring hole in mine was filled that way.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Hi Howard,

Exterior access holes with wiring, pipes or propane lines are supposed to be sealed with silicone. That wiring hole in mine was filled that way.

Rob
    Mine was also factory filled with a black silicone. I drilled a hole in the left rear section of the kitchen slide (behind my fireplace) to install a direct RG6 coax connection to my Dish Wally receiver. I used a clear silicone to seal the hole that I drilled.
    David & Sandra
    Honey: 10 year old miniature dachshund
    2018 Reflection 337 RLS (Mfg date: 07/24/2017)
    2011 Chevy Silverado "LTZ" 3500 HD
    4x4 Crew Cab DRW 6.6L Duramax LML/Allison
    Payload sticker: 4875#
    Curt Q20 Hitch w/ R20 Slider

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had our grey stone fireplace catch on fire this morning. It is the 28” curved glass fireplace. Turn it on this morning and smoke started coming out in the fan area then wires inside caught on fire. I used a fire extinguisher to put out fire. Does anyone know how to contact Grand Design and Greystone?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scary that it's happening again, what year is your trailer?
    Grand Design Corp. Office - 574-825-8000 (You will be connected to the person you want to speak to)
    Grand Design Customer Service - 574-825-9679
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure I could be wrong but from what I have read it sounds like it is more of a problem with the wiring at the fireplace than it does with the fireplace itself. Would like to hear more about that. Also what would be the fastest way to cut the power to the fireplace if this was to happen to someone.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    I'm sure I could be wrong but from what I have read it sounds like it is more of a problem with the wiring at the fireplace than it does with the fireplace itself. Would like to hear more about that. Also what would be the fastest way to cut the power to the fireplace if this was to happen to someone.
    Oh Wow! We have a separate circuit breaker in the distribution panel just for the fireplace, 15 amp. that would be the fastest way to cut the power to it. I have had to cycle the breaker to get the fireplace to come back on, it's the temp limit switch (thermocouple?) in the front behind the face plate, I think. You have to pull the fireplace out to see it, its right behind the face plate, right above the heat output of the fireplace. Or trip the main 50 in the RV distribution panel.
    Other than the ckt breaker, pulling the fireplace out and unplug it from the 120VAC.

I have pulled our fireplace out and inspected the 120VAC plug and receptacle behind it to make sure its still ok.

Ours is a greystone, after using it for awhile on high, if you just shut it off, it heat soaks that thermocouple switch and the fireplace wont come back on sometimes unless you cycle the AC breaker to reset it, it really needs a cool down cycle function before it turns itself off.
    Last edited by Steven@147; 10-16-2022 at 05:52 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is indeed scary. Please keep us updated on what you discover and remedies.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast