User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    No custom PIDs, and I don’t know how to edit them or check the PID settings. I’m just using default settings on Torque Pro app. DIC typically starts about ambient then displays transmission temp about 190 towing. Only recently noticed the transmission temp was much higher in Torque, so I don’t know the temps it shows during towing.
    Tablet runs Android.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its the wrong PID in TP.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigb56 View Post
    Ah ha! You need to be using the Ford Enhanced PIDs Set. Go to about 10:35 in the video and watch as Ron explains how to find them, then pick your gauges from that set, not the generic set. See if that works first, if you still have a discrepancy I can walk you through how to check the equations.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kjoWoYtZg4
    Will this work with any app?
    Reason I ask is Torque really isn’t that good of an app, it’s always been buggy and I found one just now with way better reviews. I’ll have to buy a new odb2 sensor that’s compatible with IOS.

Then I could just use it with my ginormous iPhone screen, which is already mounted on my dash.

Here’s the other (better) app...

Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reason I ask is Torque really isn’t that good of an app, it’s always been buggy and I found one just now with way better reviews. I’ll have to buy a new odb2 sensor that’s compatible with IOS.

Then I could just use it with my ginormous iPhone screen, which is already mounted on my dash.

Most likely your TP app is working ok its most likely looking at a different PID. There are many duplicate signals that serve several modified functions. Such as an actual temperature or a modeled temperature or a filtered temperature for instance.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That might work I just don't know, I ended up with TP because when it came out it was the only choice for Powerstroke. Now a lot of guys are using Forscan which I understand it pretty good but I believe it is Android or Windows based. A lot of apps don't work well with the Powerstroke. It is easy enough to make your own custom gauge in TP with the proper PID and the proper equation, plus you can set the min/max to your liking.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigb56 View Post
    That might work I just don't know, I ended up with TP because when it came out it was the only choice for Powerstroke. Now a lot of guys are using Forscan which I understand it pretty good but I believe it is Android or Windows based. A lot of apps don't work well with the Powerstroke. It is easy enough to make your own custom gauge in TP with the proper PID and the proper equation, plus you can set the min/max to your liking.
    Ok I’ll probably mess around with it in a few weeks when we leave Arizona. Too pretty here right now though. We are spending our days exploring and hiking the desert and hills in the Quartzite area. First time in Arizona and digging this terrain!

Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds good, TP is a good tool but sometimes you do need to tinker with it. I looked up FORScan and it looks like it works with Windows, iOS and Android. Some guys on the forum are using it with good results but I haven't looked into it very much yet, it has much more capability than TP such as on board tests, tire size programming etc etc which I really don't need as I have AutoEnginuity for that. You will need a good bluetooth adapter however, most are junk. I use the OBDLink MX bluetooth adapter but for iOS I am not sure you may need the OBDLink MX WiFi adapter. I like the fact that you can leave it in the OBD port all the time and it automatically powers itself on and off with the engine.

If you need help with TP I'll be glad to help with what I know or steer you to the proper authorities if I don't know.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can always upgrade to what the pros use.

https://www.intrepidcs.com/products/.../neovi-fire-2/
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forscan has a couple of versions and runs on a couple of platforms. "Forscan Lite" is a monitor only program and they have versions that run on Android or IOS. "Forscan" can monitor AND modify the configuration parameters in the truck (no engine or transmission tuning) and only runs on Windows. I have been told that Forscan can run on Windows under/inside Apple OS on a computer. Forscan Lite on Android is recommended to use a blue tooth/OBD adapter like OBDLink MX. I have read that Forscan Lite on Apple IOS phones does not work with Blue Tooth, and the WiFi/OBD adapters are pretty hit-and-miss. For Forscan on a windows machine, you can use either a Blue tooth or hard wired adapter.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the Forscan info.....I'll just keep my TP for monitoring and my AE for diagnostics and configuration, although my AE is a dinosaur being 9 years old on a netbook running XP. Still works good though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool I will check this one out. Looks like it has some features I would like to try. TP is a rated 4.5 for Android and 4.1 for Fusion. Also $4.99 for android users. A lot of these apps get bad reviews because people buy the cheep Chinese elm327 obd readers and get pissed when they don't work properly.
    Pat&Marlene Gyrogearloose - 2010 Itasca Meridian 34y - 6.7 w/Allison 6spd - Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - previous Reflection 303RLS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123