User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marco
    This was installed at the factory on our 29RS. I don't have much to compare it to , not sure what our last TT had on it.
    It does tow nice and the wet bolts are a plus for sure. We have towed 1 year and I have not seen any issues yet.

Brian

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Brian. Good to know it's performing well especially on a trailer as large/heavy as yours.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A question for those that have the Dexter Dexter 13-122 factory equalizer. This part is for axles that have 35" spacings. Just to compare products, which MorRyde CRE3000 equalizer fits. From what I can measure and find online the lower bolt centre to centre measurement is 7.5 to 7-3/4". I have emailed MorRyde and they want a center wheel hub to centre wheel hub measurement and mine are 37-38" which does make a lot of sense - should be 33" or 35". Others have told me that the wheel centre measurements are all over the place. Thanks kindly.
    "Every Day Is A Good Day"

Marco
    Guelph, Ontario, Canada
    2019 Imagine XLS 21 BHE
    2017 Nissan NV3500 Van 5.6L V8 and decked out to tow.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marco
    Some manufactures use a wider wheel spacing on the lite models. This helps to keep tongue weight down. With your measurements I believe this maybe what GD has done as well, not sure though>

Brian

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    Marco
    Some manufactures use a wider wheel spacing on the lite models. This helps to keep tongue weight down. With your measurements I believe this maybe what GD has done as well, not sure though>

Brian
    I am wondering if that's the case for the Imagine XLS lineup. jw^2 suggested I look up the "Qualification Guide that MORryde publishes for the CRE3000" and I have printed this guide and will need to wait until spring to check measurements.

I just thought it was as easy as finding a new equalizer with the same eye to eye bolt holes as the factory equalizer. I guess not - lol.

I am looking at CRE3000 now because I was told that although the DEXTER E-Z Flex Tandem Equalizer Suspension Kit #K71-653-00 fits my trailer (replacing equalizer part 13-122) Dexter is saying because my trailer is lighter I may not see all the benefits because the rubber bumper is so stiff.

I guess I can always overload my trailer so the K71-653 kits works - lol.

Thank you for all the help. I'll keep researching and see what I can find.

Marco
    Guelph, Ontario, Canada
    2019 Imagine XLS 21 BHE

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I am finally getting around to posting my thoughts on the install of the DEXTER E-Z Flex Tandem Equalizer Suspension Kit #K71-653-00. I have a Imagine XLS 21BHE and I had planned to do the install myself. I ran out of holiday time and I did have the trailer back to my dealer for warranty work so I had them do the install. The suspension kit works quite well. My trailer weighs approximately 5,600 lbs on the road. I'm at the lighter end of the Dexter K71-653-00 load range but I am still seeing excellent benefits. It has definitely smoothed out road bumps. I have 1 ton van that I use as my tow vehicle and I feel pretty much every bump on the road. I would also feel that same bump at the trailer axles. Not anymore. I have also noticed that trailer "push and pull" has been mostly eliminated. I also noticed on our last run with our trailer we found no opened cupboards or drawers and everything stayed in place. I take this as proof the trailer is riding more smoothly. If you plan on keeping your trailer for years then I would consider looking into this upgrade.

I asked the dealer to place all the OEM parts in a box for me to keep. I was surprised that after 3,000 km ( 1 season) how worn the factory nylon bushings had become. I can't see getting more than 2 seasons out of the factory bushings. The upgrade kit uses brass bushings and wet bots - ability to grease each bushing as well as the equalizer has two grease ports. I am quite please with the performance.

EDIT - I'm having troubles getting the photos to post in correct orientation. I'm working on fixing it but help would be appreciated

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190917_1644045.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	22916

Name:	IMG_20190917_1644206.jpg 
Views:	55 
ID:	22917
    Last edited by macroman; 10-02-2019 at 03:38 PM.

Marco
    Guelph, Ontario, Canada
    2019 Imagine XLS 21 BHE

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    macro, thank you for this thread and final analysis.

DW and I are picking up a new XLS 22MLE this week. It will be our 3rd TT since 2014.... still trying to get it right

It will also be our 1st leaf-spring suspension, we’re used to Dexter Torflex. I’ll be paying close attention to how it pulls, sway, bounce, noise, etc. I think the Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension kit could be in our future plans. Have watched a couple videos and if I can get enough jacks I should be able to do it myself.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let us know if you go the Dexter ez flex route. Be curious to have your take on it. Our last trailer had Torflex axles and I loved them. The factory springs give a rough ride compared to the torflex. The addition of the ezflex and having 2 axles (last trailer was a single axle) sure has made towing a pleasure.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by macroman View Post
    Well I am finally getting around to posting my thoughts on the install of the DEXTER E-Z Flex Tandem Equalizer Suspension Kit #K71-653-00. I have a Imagine XLS 21BHE and I had planned to do the install myself. I ran out of holiday time and I did have the trailer back to my dealer for warranty work so I had them do the install. The suspension kit works quite well. My trailer weighs approximately 5,600 lbs on the road. I'm at the lighter end of the Dexter K71-653-00 load range but I am still seeing excellent benefits. It has definitely smoothed out road bumps. I have 1 ton van that I use as my tow vehicle and I feel pretty much every bump on the road. I would also feel that same bump at the trailer axles. Not anymore. I have also noticed that trailer "push and pull" has been mostly eliminated. I also noticed on our last run with our trailer we found no opened cupboards or drawers and everything stayed in place. I take this as proof the trailer is riding more smoothly. If you plan on keeping your trailer for years then I would consider looking into this upgrade.

I asked the dealer to place all the OEM parts in a box for me to keep. I was surprised that after 3,000 km ( 1 season) how worn the factory nylon bushings had become. I can't see getting more than 2 seasons out of the factory bushings. The upgrade kit uses brass bushings and wet bots - ability to grease each bushing as well as the equalizer has two grease ports. I am quite please with the performance.

EDIT - I'm having troubles getting the photos to post in correct orientation. I'm working on fixing it but help would be appreciated

Name:	IMG_20190917_1644045.jpg 
Views:	65 
ID:	22916

Name:	IMG_20190917_1644206.jpg 
Views:	55 
ID:	22917
    Marco (or anybody who has information), have you considered upgrading to 15” wheels? I have been debating myself for the 23bhe, as well as the same suspension work you have done. Just can’t find much in the way of clearance required or anybody else doing it. Thought?

Andy

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Andy:

Because I had factory Dexter equalizers on my 21BHE, upgrading to the Dexter E-Z flex kept the wheels at the same height (overall trailer height stayed the same). That being said, there is lots of room for a 15" wheel on a 21BHE. Dare I say even a 16" wheel. One thing I found odd about the 21BHE was how high it seems to be perched on its axles. I would love to be able to lower it about 3" to help with the aerodynamics. I am not an engineer so I am not sure why this trailer sits so high. I have not entertained the thought of switching to 15" wheels because my tires/wheels are new but when the time comes to replace I will look to replace with the largest wheel size I can safely fit. Larger wheels would definitely help to smooth out the ride. When I looked at suspension, I checked out the Mo-Ryde and Lippert. I did not go with them because they actually increased the distance between the top of the tire and the trailer underside. The 21BHE was already sitting quite high so the Mo-Ryde and Lippert lost out as an option for my trailer. I hope this helps.

Marco
    Guelph, Ontario, Canada
    2019 Imagine XLS 21 BHE

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast