User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redspeed3` View Post
    Did you have a similar insulation void? If so did you fill it with batt insulation?
    Not sure if you saw this thread--if not, it might interest you based on the question posted: https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...ght=insulation
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redspeed3` View Post
    Something I noticed on my single pane solitude is that there are 1/2 gaps in the window seals on the bottom. Definitely areas for the heat to escape. Now that I think about it, those gaps must be intentional as ever window has 2 of the in roughly the same place. Perhaps it's for internal condensation to drain away? Seems like a bad trade ofd if that's the case.

I also obeserved no insulation in the plumbing area where the grey and black tank drains merge (behind the basement wall between the basement floor and coroplast). Did you have a similar insulation void? If so did you fill it with batt insulation?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Since I spray foamed the entire frame rail, I am hoping this won't be an issue.
    2023 GMC 3500HD CCLB DRW Duramax L5P, Banks Derringer/Idash/CAI 60 gallon fuel transfer tank
    2018 Solitude 310GK with Kodiak disc brakes 4000 lb Dexter springs, frame stiffeners
    RETIRED Maint Supervisor, Certified Welder, ASE Master Tech, Owner tire shop

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could never do this kind of mod to my 375RES. I would be worried about a future buyer would view this application, how it will look a few years later as the product ages, and mostly resale value of my unit at trade in time.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flintstones View Post
    I could never do this kind of mod to my 375RES. I would be worried about a future buyer would view this application, how it will look a few years later as the product ages, and mostly resale value of my unit at trade in time.
    I will be painting the foam with a latex black paint so it will still look black. It won't be any detriment to resale value and could be a benefit, but I didn't buy this trailer looking for resale value, I bought it looking for being comfortable in 4 season climate and the way it came from the factory, it is sub par. My next upgrade will probably be to have a ceramic window coating put on the windows. For those that add skirting, the snaps can be a turn off to prospective buyers because they detract from the exterior appearance.
    2023 GMC 3500HD CCLB DRW Duramax L5P, Banks Derringer/Idash/CAI 60 gallon fuel transfer tank
    2018 Solitude 310GK with Kodiak disc brakes 4000 lb Dexter springs, frame stiffeners

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuffsaid View Post
    I will be painting the foam with a latex black paint so it will still look black. It won't be any detriment to resale value and could be a benefit, but I didn't buy this trailer looking for resale value, I bought it looking for being comfortable in 4 season climate and the way it came from the factory, it is sub par. My next upgrade will probably be to have a ceramic window coating put on the windows. For those that add skirting, the snaps can be a turn off to prospective buyers because they detract from the exterior appearance.
    I'd be interested in how good the Ceramic Window Coating works out.
    I've heard that the Custom Skirting is a good product. If / or when we need to stay warmer, we will be doing that product.
    KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    I'd be interested in how good the Ceramic Window Coating works out.
    I've heard that the Custom Skirting is a good product. If / or when we need to stay warmer, we will be doing that product.
    KEN
    One thing I notice with the ceramic window film is that the inside of the windows don't seem to get condensation on them. I still use foil faced bubble wrap to help with the cold/heat. Windows still seem to get pretty warm in the summer if direct sun hits them. The main negative to the ceramic film is that the inside of the trailer is quite a bit darker due to the added tint.

The foam on the frame rails has held up well. I sprayed undercoating over all of the exposed foam and only a couple of places has been effected from sand on the road in the winter. Overall, I think this was a winner. I have a chinese diesel heater in the cargo area and it helps keep the cargo area and bathroom floor warm in cold weather. I think the foam on the frame rails works well, cold spots in the trailer are by the slide openings and at the very rear of the trailer on the floor. I also restricted the openings for the slides so cold air has a harder time getting in.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love to see some pictures of the installation for the CDH.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the update!
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Love to see some pictures of the installation for the CDH.
    The installation of the chinese diesel heater is pretty basic. I bought the suitcase version 8kw and mounted it in the front storage area. The exhaust is routed through the metal floor of the storage area. The 3 inch heat outlet is routed through the wall to the basement storage area and I can keep the storage area at 90 degrees easy. This heats the floor in the bathroom nicely too. I bought a duct booster fan and I have been considering tying the diesel heater into the furnace ductwork and sending the heat to the living room area, but I haven't gotten to it yet. We didn't use the trailer this winter, except when our kids came to stay over Christmas.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to do something similar. Specifically what did you buy/where did you get the spray foam? Is it a kit?
    Doug, Patti and our puppy Leo are from upstate NY.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast