User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Air conditioner Just blowing warm

Went to bed last night and noticed the front air was just blowing warm.

Down here it is 85 degrees today so still using air conditioning Not a big deal, we have 3 airs, just juiced the other two a bit more and we slept cold like we like it.

Anyway, tried to troubleshoot some things I wanted to see if I missed anything obvious. I'm just a half ****** DIY'r, know only enough for basic stuff.

Fan runs, high and low no issues.

No cold air blowing.

Turned off the breakers, tried again, same deal.

Turned off the breaker, went on the roof and pulled the shroud. I checked both the capacitors, pulled them, discharged, and they are running to infinite Ohms as they should. Voltage on start checks out.

I assume since everything checks out up to that point it is likely the compressor is bad.

Did I miss anything? Any other suggestions?
    I'll be calling Grand Design in the morning. Since we are under warranty I'll see if they can send someone out with a new unit to do the install on site.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a temp sensor that pushes in between the coils that could have fallen out. This is accessible by removing the interior shroud. If I recall it is white and has a wire coming out of it and just pushes in between the fins. Other possible cause is the known issue of the divider plate coming out of place and not adequately separating the intake and discharge side. There are a number of threads on here on that topic. Could possibly be a bad thermostat as well, try swapping them since you have others which should be the same. If you have the heat pump option, that specific thermostat will be a different model, but should still work for the purpose of testing the AC.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    There is a temp sensor that pushes in between the coils that could have fallen out. This is accessible by removing the interior shroud. If I recall it is white and has a wire coming out of it and just pushes in between the fins. Other possible cause is the known issue of the divider plate coming out of place and not adequately separating the intake and discharge side. There are a number of threads on here on that topic. Could possibly be a bad thermostat as well, try swapping them since you have others which should be the same. If you have the heat pump option, that specific thermostat will be a different model, but should still work for the purpose of testing the AC.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

We are well taped in there so not cross air flow from the return.

I checked the temp sensor and it was attached. I swapped it with the living room sensor and living room still works and master bed doesn't so that eliminates that possibility.

Thanks for the adding these items to my list. I was aware of the return air issues which is why my unit is well taped but I didn't think about the bad thermostat. Good to check it.

Guessing at this point the compressor is bad. Having these things already tested when I contact GD is helpful and will waste less time on getting them to OK the swap

Thanks again.
    2019 Momentum 395

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a basic question you probably already know about, was the fan setting to auto? The reason being if it not auto then the fan will continue to run after the compressor has shut off, no cold air.

Next scenario, 30amp with EMS (Electronic Management System). I have been told but can't swear to it that when the EMS "shunts" an A/C unit it will allow the fan to continue to run but the compressor will not restart until the unit is shut completely down and restarted.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine did the same thing. It was just a loose wire on the thermostat.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My board was bad

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took them 2 months, mostly because the tech they referred was a drunk that had to come back 4 times to get the job done. Price was right.

They would not work with me on my own.
    Last edited by Aridon; 02-15-2019 at 01:59 PM.
    2019 Momentum 395

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having the same issue with my 2018 351M. The main AC unit is blowing warm air. When i 1st got the unit, the AC didnt turn on at all after getting it home. It turned out to be a wire fell off the spade connector in the "BLUE" connector up on the board.

Back then, it was Feb in NJ and the temps were cold.

Im going to pull the thermostat and see if any wires are loose.

Otherwise, anyone can point me to a guide to "check both the capacitors, pull them, discharged, and they are running to infinite Ohms as they should. Voltage on start checks out" as mentioned above?

I have also confirmed that the sensor is in the fins.
    Jeff & Dawn
    2014 Ram 3500HD DRW
    2018 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    Next scenario, 30amp with EMS (Electronic Management System). I have been told but can't swear to it that when the EMS "shunts" an A/C unit it will allow the fan to continue to run but the compressor will not restart until the unit is shut completely down and restarted.
    Absolutely not saying you're wrong, just reporting that our current site is 30 amp with a HW50C in the basement and bedroom AC blows cold every time. So maybe it works with some, not with others.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our issue was a low refrigerant. Just wanted to update this, I had forgotten to do so.

Check the amps on the compressor when running. If it's low that is the likely culprit. I think it should be around 7 or 8 amps iirc
    2019 Momentum 395

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast