User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toes in the water View Post
    Marcy - take your fingers off the keypad after you type......lol !

Dan
    I just turned off and back on my bluetooth keyboard and it is better now. I about wore out my back space key
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andy, I'm new around here but I appreciate the opportunity to support the forum with the added benefit of no ads. The current pricing is about as cheap as it gets but it also is why I joined in the first place, before I could do a more thorough analysis as to worth. An impulse buy that worked out for both sides. If there were ads and a higher subscription price I probably would not have stayed long enough to appreciate the value.

Either way you decide, good luck!

-jeff
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toes in the water View Post
    Andy - thank you, for promptly sharing feedback on early questions......we appreciate this. You have landed a wonderful, caring, respectful community with the GDRV Owners forum.....maybe the best out there.......but you already knew that.

Dan
    Saying hello as well. You've nailed this, imo. The true value of a forum is the community fuels it. Forums are cool and become an invaluable resource for folks just starting out as well as a constant companion for longer term members. I know that this announcement may cause some unease but the goal here is to keep the community thriving and there's no point messing with something that is working well. So.. a little about me...

I live in WA state and camp in a restored vintage Airstream. Out of the way parks in beautiful places are my preferred destinations. My husband likes to fly fish so camping generally involves some river, stream or lake. I am also a musician with a band that tours around a little and I often tow my rig to festivals and shows to avoid typical musician-grade lodging. Bonus.

I met Andy at Airstream forums when I joined as a member shortly after he started that forum (around 2005). I had just purchased a camper (the ground was getting too hard for a tent) and needed to know how to fix it. The steps from newbie forum member to moderator to administrator were entirely accidental but there was a need and I wanted to keep the forum happy and moving forward. Many years later here we are. One forum turned into several and then more and before we knew it there was a whole little network of sites. I'll be around to help out as needed and to expect that little will change on a day to day basis. Here's one of my favorite views near Troutlake WA:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	area 33.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	16700

Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    I just turned off and back on my bluetooth keyboard and it is better now. I about wore out my back space key
    Glad you got this sorted out

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome Andy R and Janet H. glad you both have a good outlook on our forum. I know there may be some changes but will echo others in saying the no adds is a huge plus.
    I was a little timid about joining a forum , I am not even on facebook or any other forums , that being said I am glad I joined this forum, the helpful community here is tremendous.

Brian

Site Team
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the warm welcome. This is an amazing group, it's an honor to have GDRV Owners as part of our family of communities. I think our success with other forums is due to what you all pointed out above, Amazing Members! We are double blessed to have a great group of Moderators already in place. Now it's our time to learn from them on how you all do things around here. This lets us learn the ropes and helps ensure the vibe around here stays the same.

I do have a newbie question, any idea what percentage of bumper pull vs 5th wheels are sold? Just curious what everyone is pulling...

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy R View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcome. This is an amazing group, it's an honor to have GDRV Owners as part of our family of communities. I think our success with other forums is due to what you all pointed out above, Amazing Members! We are double blessed to have a great group of Moderators already in place. Now it's our time to learn from them on how you all do things around here. This lets us learn the ropes and helps ensure the vibe around here stays the same.

I do have a newbie question, any idea what percentage of bumper pull vs 5th wheels are sold? Just curious what everyone is pulling...
    Don't know any numbers, but many of us have our rigs listed in our signatures, if you want to take the time to figure that out.....

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Site Team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Hey you guys,
    I am going to keep my other forum and work on developing it back up, now that the trailer is being manufactured again. I am not sure about doing another forum. I have done it for 20 years unofficially, and 15 officially. The $12.00 I charged on this forum is the same $12.00 I charged in 2003 because it worked. That is one of the things that makes us unique. I think I am going into photography and more specifically aerial photography, getting my commercial part 107 license. What I will tell you though is that this was NOT for the money or for the sale. It really was vision, and a bit of timing. Andy and I have been in touch for a while now. There were times where the competition against the Facebook forums was starting to get to me. I reached out on one of the Forum Admin forums (yes, there is such a thing), and was chatting with folks up there, and Andy and I had discussed things a few times prior to that. Since we both run RV forums, we were birds of a feather. Over the years, we commiserated, we talked about how to be competitive, and we got to know each other. Recently as we chatted, he shared his vision with me for next year. I was really excited about it. We have made a lot of changes over the past year. Some of the things I wanted to do he was doing, and some of the things were revolutionary. That's what did it.

My concern has always been for the well being of this forum, and how we capture eyeballs in the long term. How do we build the community with the people we want here, and make it difficult for the people that we don't want to interfere. We have done a great job of doing that. That was what I brought to the table. I believe we are the only RV forum to operate the way we do. Anyway, the synergies were aligned and all of the other business buzzwords lined up too. The bottom line is that Andy has a vision for forums that I thought was perfect for our forum, but did not have the scale to do it on my own. This positions RV forums to compete in the long term, and to be viable. Andy has built amazing communities, and more importantly to me, has acquired amazing communities and made them more amazing. Again, this forum is my concern. The greatest endorsement I can give is to evangelize his vision.

You guys have been amazing. I have learned so much, and grown so much as an admin because of you.
    Thank you,
    Chris
    Chris Tretta
    Albuquerque, NM

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4 6.7L Cummins
    2019 Grand Design 385GK
    2014 Grand Design 369RL - Sold
    Class A CDL, Doubles/Triples, Hazmat and Tanker endorsements

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully the GDRV Owners Forum won't fizzle out because of the change.

I was a member of Pashnit Motorcycle Forum for over 10 years. It was a travel by motorcycle forum. Ride reports from mostly USA rides, but some in other countries too. I wrote ride reports each night as I was traveling. Utah, Colorado, Grand Canyon, Coast to Coast, Alaska and more. Sometimes I would reread my own reports to reminisce. One day it was there, the next day it was GONE FOREVER. That was not very nice of the person running the forum.

If this forum can get better. More power to all of us. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andy-

As I've mentioned several times here over the past couple years, our forum members are the most helpful and respectful I've ever encountered online. And I belong to dozens and dozens of forums. You don't need to spend much time here to learn this. I'm looking forward to many more years of thoughtful exchange with our forum "family".
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    Don't know any numbers, but many of us have our rigs listed in our signatures, if you want to take the time to figure that out.....
    That might be a daunting task, as you’d have to instinctively know which models are bumper tow and which 5ers. What about a binary poll in General Discussion: Which do you own/haul now?
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast