User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Transcend Aluminum Skin

We purchased a 26RLS a few months ago and am curious what folks are using to clean/protect the aluminum skin on the transcend.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our previous aluminum skinned TT we used black streak remover to remove stains or black streaks, followed by a wash and wax soap of your choice. Do not let the black streak remover dry it is a bugger to get off.
    By the way welcome to the family.

Brian

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum ThorPete. We also used to own a metal skinned RV. We found that Simple Green worked pretty well for black streaks and bug splatters.

Jim

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Transcend skin is different than aluminum skins in the past.
    Page 140 in the owners manual addresses exterior care.
    file:///C:/Users/Desktop/Downloads/G...al-01.2018.pdf

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    On my old unit I used Rainx wash and wax. Worked very well. I also sprayed it straight on the front of the trailer and let dry before each trip. used a 1 gallon sprayer I kept in truck bed. Made bug removal a snap later. I did have to re apply after driving through rain. Haven't washed my new unit yet, but will probably use the same. Be sure to use hot/warm water and change it often if it gets dirty. I used a cloth mop too with an extension pole. Best soap to use if your going to wax separately is Dawn dish soap. Its also great for the black tank before use.

Hope this helps
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar