Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't connect/configure OneControl App

First things first - this USED TO work. I had the OneControl App on my iPhone (& iPad) and it worked.

Then... I went a reconfigured the network router in the coach and renamed the WiFi network from the "MyRV_...." to something else. That works and I can join the network.

My OneControl panel (aka OCTP in Lippert terms) in the coach works fine and I can activate all functions (well, all except slides, but that has *NEVER* worked).

BUT - the OnceControl App on the mobile device(s) no longer works.

Anyone else with any experience in this?

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might have an ip address conflict. You should find out the ip address of the one control router and then assign your wifi network ip addresses to start at a higher range or something along those lines.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    First things first - this USED TO work. I had the OneControl App on my iPhone (& iPad) and it worked.

Then... I went a reconfigured the network router in the coach and renamed the WiFi network from the "MyRV_...." to something else. That works and I can join the network.

My OneControl panel (aka OCTP in Lippert terms) in the coach works fine and I can activate all functions (well, all except slides, but that has *NEVER* worked).

BUT - the OnceControl App on the mobile device(s) no longer works.

Anyone else with any experience in this?
    The OneControl Network has to be named "MyRV_????" or the mobile app will not connect to it. Reconfigure the network SSID back to "MyRV_ and the first 4 numbers, and see if that will help.
    Monty and Nena, with our 4 legged friend Allie

2018 Dodge Ram Laramie Longhorn CC 4X4 DRW Mopar M25 hitch with 90 gal Aux tank
    2018 Grand Design Momentum 376TH
    2014 Harley Tri-Glide

[SIGPIC]http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/ALAZARFLGAIAKSLAMNMSMONENMNDOKSCSDTNTXsm.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjaike View Post
    The OneControl Network has to be named "MyRV_????" or the mobile app will not connect to it. Reconfigure the network SSID back to "MyRV_ and the first 4 numbers, and see if that will help.

I have my canbus to Ethernet adapter connected to a SOHO router I installed myself, the MYRV wifi is powered off. It works as long as the IP address scheme matches. My IPad works fine, but after the last update of the app on the IPhone, it does not work any longer. I think there may be a problem with the new version of the IPhone app.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjaike View Post
    That indeed was the trick to get the iPhone/iPad app working again. As long as the network SSID is named "MyRV_...", the app will connect (which is completely f'd up - since the phone is already on the network and has an assigned IP address from the DHCP server on the router)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW, Those of you who say the latest update to the OneControl App (version 2.8.2) stopped working, mine still works, however, I haven't changed anything on the coaches wifi.
    Tom and Stacey
    TV - 2008 F350 Lariat DRW, 6.4 (done up) 8"bed, B&W3000 OEM Companion, Firestone Airbags w/ Wireless One compressor
    RV - 2018 GD Momentum 351M

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has the iphone onecontrol app ever worked with the SOHO router? If you changed the router and network name you have to reconfigure/reset the onecontrol app on your phone to connect to the right network. I know when I setup my pepwave soho, I had to prefix the network SSID with MyRV_ or the android app would not find it. It filters out networks that dont start with the MyRV_ prefix.

Also, make sure your SOHO router ip address is NOT 192.168.1.1....the can bus to ethernet adapter uses that IP, thats why the onecontrol router is set to 192.168.1.2
    Last edited by icecactus; 12-20-2018 at 04:03 PM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It worked after I changed to our SOHO router. The IPad still works but it's old enough it will not load the updated app, it stays with the older version. The IPhone quit working with the last update to the One Control app. I am not going to worry about it, I find the one control to be very inconvenient to use and if I need to use It remotely I will just use the IPad.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was never able to get the SSID change to work properly. The app wouldn't connect. There were no conflicts that I could find I tried and out of range static and allowing DHCP to assign.

Changing the SSID back should get it working again. Did for me, for a bit at least.

As of the last update, none of my devices will work while connecting to WIFI. They used to. Now they connect, I can see the icons and all the toggles etc but if I attempt to change the value, say to turn off the light, the option is just grayed out. I can see that the light is on but it won't switch via the phone. Wall tablet is fine. Lippert sent me a new control box / router combo and the problem persists.

At this point they have told me there is nothing they can do. I'm grateful they attempted to send me the new router / control box, I'm sad they are a useful as enlarged mammary glands on a bull on getting the actual problem fixed and have essentially shrugged their shoulders on the issue.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty much same issue, Lippert told me to reboot WiFi router. Wish I could find it, have a 2017 328 momentum