Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ironic.....LOL
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy R View Post
    I can’t speak for GD but I can tell you we are working with their trademark attorney and hope we can resolve any issues they have. It’s my understanding they have gone after many GD related things like Facebook Groups, nick knack vendors etc as a legal compliance effort to protect their brand.

The issue is that they never had an issue in the past but know they do and there are legal nuances about that which we are trying to work out.

After repeated attempts to reach out to folks at GD I’ve only heard silence. I am guessing that they must be waiting for Winnebago’s outside trademark counsel to work things out before chatting with us.

It appears to me this is probably driven by the new ownership of Winnebago and their counsel taking actions that you need to do every so often to prove you are protecting your brand so you can keep your trademarks.

FWIW - I learned about this after the deal was done. I guess it started last summer When they reached out to people but they never followed up. Then as the ownership transition to was completed they voiced their concern again.
    Appreciate the update, Andy. It sure would be welcome to have someone from GDRV reach out to the forum and share what they can (even as limited as that may be) rather than just dropping out of sight without even blowing a kiss goodbye.

Simply dropping us like a hot potato, and then crickets, does not leave a good impression and positive feeling especially considering how wonderful they have been for over 5 years.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    6:38 into this video loaded 2 days ago....

https://youtu.be/7NO_Gf9fZl8
    Jim - thanks, for sharing the link. The content of that video is all old......probably about 2 years ago. Obviously the Fenech bothers have been gone for over a year and the trailers are all prior generation graphics/paint.

Wonder who re-did prior content and used in this video and why ? Interesting.

Dan
    Dan & Carol

Site Team
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I want nothing more than to have a friendly and strong relationship with Grand Design. I'm hoping we can figure this all out and remain a valuable resource for all the amazing GD owners.

Right now we are waiting to hear back from them. We have asked their trademark attorney if we can setup a meeting with business people (not attornies) so we can find a solution. I hope we can get that arranged soon. I will post an update here as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience./

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Dan and others .
    I don't think that video is as old as you think it is. The pictures at the rally 7:44 mark , was just last year at the Fairgrounds, look at the Momentum travel trailer. They only came out last year I belive. I also think the picture with Emily in it was at Massey's Landing in October last year. Other parts with Ron and Bill in them could be older footage .
    Then again, I could be totally off base.

Sorry for taking thread off topic.

John Joscelyne
    John & Carol Joscelyne and Hexy
    Red 2014 Ford F-350 Platinum, SRW, CC, Short bed with roll-N-lock cover.
    With replacement 50 gallon TransferFlow fuel tank, Magnaflow air intake, Edge CT turner.
    Pullrite superglide fifth wheel hitch.
    2015 Grand Design 305RE Solitude, with slide out toppers, <new>Titan disc brakes and Goodyear "G" rated tires.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joscelyne3 View Post
    Hi Dan and others .
    I don't think that video is as old as you think it is. The pictures at the rally 7:44 mark , was just last year at the Fairgrounds, look at the Momentum travel trailer. They only came out last year I belive. I also think the picture with Emily in it was at Massey's Landing in October last year. Other parts with Ron and Bill in them could be older footage .
    Then again, I could be totally off base.

Sorry for taking thread off topic.

John Joscelyne
    John - thank you, for catching that and sharing the details. This video is kinda like a wedding for the bride...something new, something old, and something borrowed !

Dan
    Dan & Carol

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems to me Grand Design would be nuts to ghost this place. It’s a well known and large owners forum, and has influenced more than a few buy / don’t buy decisions. They can’t control it, boot members that are frustrated with them or shut it down. But they can be a blessing here. Giving up a presence here means giving up that opportunity, which could prove costly.
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234