Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Received replacement Furrion receiver and it's still junk

This post is a follow up to another Furrion thread in the General Discussion section. My Furrion 3300 receiver would loose sync with the TV when playing DVD's. If I hit pause for just a second, the two devices would sync up again for another 10 minutes or so then the lips not matching the sound syndrome would become so annoying that you had to hit pause again to resync. After several emails to Furrion, they finally sent me a replacement unit. I just got around to replacing it and guess what, the replacement does the same thing! Guess I should not be surprised, after all Furrion is not noted for quality stuff.
    So, since they were so willing to send me a replacement, I will contact them again and let them know the situation and let them send me another. Because our trailer isn't being used until Spring, I can play this game with them all winter. Who knows, maybe I will eventually get a unit that works properly? If not, maybe GD will let me buy another brand and reimburse me. I'll keep all updated.
    John and Karyn
    Hillsboro, Oregon
    2020 Reflection 150 Series 295RL

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The problem may not be the player, but the way GDRV wired it. On the back of your player, there is an HDMI (ARC) connector. Something you may want to try is connecting an HDMI cable between the Furrion unit and your television. You could do this as a temporary connection see if it clears up the problem before taking the time to route the HDMI cable behind all the cabinetry.

By the way, if the HDMI works, you can activate the ARC on your television (if so equipped) and the audio can then play through the Furrion unit and the trailer's speakers.

Jim