User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for your replies. Perhaps a clear definition of what is considered "politics" is, should be undertaken?
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also -- I found the reference to "communist California" but I put it under "General Comments". Sorry.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I notice that the comments under "General Discussions" has also been removed. I was asked about that comment since Rob did not see it. It was at 12-12-18 under Conceal carry in your RV by M.J. [email protected]. but has also now been removed. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (closest things I can find to snowflakes). Seems to be getting a tad too soft around here.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What does that mean?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
    What does that mean?
    Comments being removed seems to be softening the forum. People to easily offended or jump to under conclusion one may be.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    (closest things I can find to snowflakes). Seems to be getting a tad too soft around here.
    Not soft at all, it is a very slippery slope that leads to nothing good if everything is derailed by political rants and insults. The problem is as Dick Noble has noted, what is the definition of talking politics? We all bitch about taxes, which is probably the most political topic that can be discussed, yet this would certainly not raise a flag since we all hate taxes.

I do not envy the moderators.

DAN
    2016 Reflection 323BHS
    2006 5.9L Ram Megacab

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andy - the more of your feedback I read the more encouraged I become. This said I am not blind to the reality that your key interest in this popular site is the significant number of eyeballs and how these can be used to build your brand. Obviously it is about marketing and in the internet world eyes and clicks are king.

What built this great forum seems to be getting kicked to the curb. This is not an idictment on you, Chis, or anyone else.........just the nature of the beast here it seems. Whatever can be done to retain the technical, helpful, caring, etc. heartbeat of the forum (w/o advertising but rather an appropriate fee) will keep the base alive and growing.

Yes I am fully aware of the demogrphics changes in the RV industry and appreciate the value and rapidly growing contingent of sites with "me videos" and endless selfies (plus all the truly good offerings they share) to their marketing value but what made this site remarkably great will hopefully continue to be embraced and not marginalized.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe that we must self police. We should not depend on the moderators to cover all situations. They are there for the truly most egregious misuse. Me first. You cannot conceive how difficult it will be for me not to discuss politics, but I am going to work on it.

Site Team
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toes in the water View Post
    Whatever can be done to retain the technical, helpful, caring, etc. heartbeat of the forum (w/o advertising but rather an appropriate fee) will keep the base alive and growing.
    Thank you for the feedback. Another strong supporter of fee based no advertising. Noted!

Quote Originally Posted by Toes in the water View Post
    Yes I am fully aware of the demogrphics changes in the RV industry and appreciate the value and rapidly growing contingent of sites with "me videos" and endless selfies (plus all the truly good offerings they share) to their marketing value but what made this site remarkably great will hopefully continue to be embraced and not marginalized.
    Haha, that's funny (and true).

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast