User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Below is what I getting a 1:00 in the afternoon and it shows 2 bars 4G LTE on the jetpack screen It is 70 bucks a month with 5.00 discount for prepay so I paying 65 bucks. I just paid for the one month in advance so I don't know what tax and etc Verizon will tack on since I haven't got my first months bill yet. Like I said above it's a month to month contract so if goes south i can cancel. I did get the 200.00 Jetpack and over Xmas have a 30-day return policy so I giving a good work out at home. I hope it works long term.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7885320658.png 
Views:	34 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	16772

Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    Dennis
    Do you already have Verizon service?
    Did you get any additional discounts?

What was the finally monthly fee?

I have the ATT Mobley hotspot now. It's a 3G hotspot designed for cars. I have a 110 adapter and use the Mobley at home or camping. The Mobley was a limited time offering at $20.00 unlimited usage with no buffering. I just tested and got 26.9 Download and 7.8 upload.
    I would like another carrier so when ATT is not available I would have another option.

Thanks, KEN
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    Well Rob, I'm quite familiar with stReaming video but steaming video not so much. It was a little joke on a misspelling in Dennis's post.

Ahem..... carry on!
    Haha! Didn't catch the misspelling. Who's to say, though, what those of us over 21 watch in the privacy of our own homes... not that I would, of course.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are in the process of trying to upgrade to a better Verizon plan that can produce a quality hotspot. Anyone out there with updates on this plan ???
    Gordo Fuchs
    Northfield, Ohio 44067
    2015 305RE Moryde I/S, Electric/hydraulic disc brakes
    2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far so good but we have not traveled with it. We have used about 140 GB streaming video now during one billing period and so far it has buffered once. We get about 50 to 60 MBps during the day and 25 to 30 between 6 pm and 10 pm. I just saw a report that someone had slowdowns using it in the evening in Tucson AZ because of the network management and I will be there in March so I will find out first hand. I have also seen a lot of positive reports also. The best part is that's a month to month contract on the service but you will have to pay for the Jetpack which mine was 199.99.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gordofuchs View Post
    We are in the process of trying to upgrade to a better Verizon plan that can produce a quality hotspot. Anyone out there with updates on this plan ???
    This conversation isn't that old, Gordo - what kind of updates are you looking for? To date, we have used the new prepaid plan (with unlimited data on the MiFi) in Ohio, West Virginia, Maryland, Virginia, and now the inner banks in North Carolina. We've streamed from Amazon Prime, Netflix, and other sites without any problems or buffering. We've had good coverage wherever we've been and no evidence of slow-downs.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A little different twist, I just signed up for unlimited data with onstar on my 2017 silverado for a planned trip starting this tuesday to CA to visit my dad. I am going to be boone docking, camping at a friends ranch in the town of Sonoma. So, the question is how do I use my wifi to stream netflix, etc. Does the truck have to be running or can it be in acc?
    2023 GMC 3500HD CCLB DRW Duramax L5P, Banks Derringer/Idash/CAI 60 gallon fuel transfer tank
    2018 Solitude 310GK with Kodiak disc brakes 4000 lb Dexter springs, frame stiffeners
    RETIRED Maint Supervisor, Certified Welder, ASE Master Tech, Owner tire shop

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuffsaid View Post
    A little different twist, I just signed up for unlimited data with onstar on my 2017 silverado for a planned trip starting this tuesday to CA to visit my dad. I am going to be boone docking, camping at a friends ranch in the town of Sonoma. So, the question is how do I use my wifi to stream netflix, etc. Does the truck have to be running or can it be in acc?
    I do this all the time. Acc is all you need. FYI the truck will not make it all night if you leave the key on cause you don't want to get up and turn it off at night I carry a small trickle charger to help. The other limitation is the WIFI range. If I'm parked at the front of the RV I can't get a good enough signal at the family room TV. The master TV and the one in the front compartment work fine though. The closer you can get the better.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so i wanted to know if everything can be connected such as phones, tablets tv's etc to this hotspot? i am very interested in getting one, but not sure entirely, if everything can be connected? wife is going to switch to verizon so we are on the same network but want to make sure if she goes camping she can take this with her and the kids and they can be connected as well as herself?

thanks

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by j2048b View Post
    so i wanted to know if everything can be connected such as phones, tablets tv's etc to this hotspot? i am very interested in getting one, but not sure entirely, if everything can be connected? wife is going to switch to verizon so we are on the same network but want to make sure if she goes camping she can take this with her and the kids and they can be connected as well as herself?

thanks
    Yes - up to 15 devices on the 8800L. We have two laptops, two phones, two Kindles and an Amazon Fire Stick TV connected to ours. Works like any other Wi-Fi.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Yes - up to 15 devices on the 8800L. We have two laptops, two phones, two Kindles and an Amazon Fire Stick TV connected to ours. Works like any other Wi-Fi.

Rob
    amazing!! i just told the wife im getting one and will here really soon, how much was the jetpack? and i guess ill be repurposing my firetv box just for this!! happy camping!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast